22 - Application⛔️

- Will... will you be my girlfriend? -

I had to keep for myself all those excited squeals I would have gladly let out. He breathed heavily, waiting for an answer.

- Of course. - We both exhaled deeply, relaxing, but our moment was interrupted by Felix, who spoke from afar on the other line.

- Took you long enough! - He shouted in his deep voice. I bursted out laughing while I could hear Jisung facepalming and groaning. He replied something in Korean along the lines of "dipshit", clearly pissed off.

- Oh shit! Today's your birthday, right? I was almost forgetting! - He suddenly broke the silence, shouting.

- Yes, it is. - I giggled.

- How the fuck could I almost forget? I'm such a terrible boyfriend. - He groaned, annoyed at himself.

- You're not! You're everything I could have ever asked for. You're perfect, Sungie. - I smiled shyly at my phone, holding it closer.

- Cheesy. - He giggled. - But I promise I'll make it up to you when we see each other again. -

Once again, Felix laughed, saying something which I did not understand.

- Yah, Felix! Get out! - Jisung shouted at him, bewildered.

I just giggled at them, incredibly curious at what Felix might have told him.

- So... - Jisung started speaking again as I could hear Felix's laugh coming from farther and farther away until it disappeared. - Promise me you will never try to harm yourself ever again. - His tone was now insecure, feeble and scared.

I gulped. I couldn't have made promises at that moment.

- I-I don't know if I can promise you that... But I will go to therapy. -

- Promise me, Angèle. Please, promise me you will never harm yourself ever again. - He repeated, this time in a pleading tone, almost begging. - I can't afford to lose you. I don't want to lose your smile, or your voice. The way you touch me, and hug me, and whisper cutely on my neck... I need it. I need you to promise me you will never try to harm yourself again. - His voice was shaky, hurting my heart with every word he said.

I sighed, holding my tears back.

At the time, I was almost addicted to my dangerous excursions to the bathroom, to that thin metal blade and to the sensation of satisfaction it arose in me every time it cut deeper.

But I had to try. I had to, for him.

- I promise, Jisung. Because I love you. - It was hard to say it, but it felt right.

Alice offered me to stay at her house while I juggled work, therapy and the Korean course. We all thought it was the best thing we could do, since my parents were rarely home and Alice seemed to want to take care of me and keep me company all the time.

- Do you think you're ready to take the exam? - We were sat on the couch watching a movie, but paying really no attention to it.

- I honestly don't know, but Jisung has been helping me a lot lately. - I shrugged my shoulders.

- You never told me about him. - I sighed. I knew this moment would have come sooner or later.

- You know K-pop, right? - She turned to look at me with a quite confused look.

- Yeah, but how does... -

- He's an idol. We met when I was staying in Paris, they were having a concert there. - She nodded in understanding.