9 - Concert

On Friday, I went to work hyped up. I wanted to finish as soon as possible, get home and rush to the stadium.

Every five minutes I was checking the clock, seeing with much disappointment that its hands had not moved.

- Are you waiting for someone? - Marie spoke from next to me, eyeing me with her sweet smile. - You seem nervous. -

I chuckled, drying the dishes and putting them away.

- Tonight I'm going to a concert. - I immediately regretted saying it, fearful she might have spilled something to my parents. - But don't tell mum! -

She laughed entertained, going to tidy up the tables.

- Don't worry. I want you to go to concerts. - I exhaled relieved, relaxing my shoulders. - Have I ever told you I saw the Beatles in 1969? -

I widened my eyes in disbelief.

- Are you kidding me?! - I smiled from ear to ear.

I questioned her for the rest of the day about how their concert was, getting lost in the amazing narration of how good they were.

I imagined Stray Kids' concert feeling just as amazing, though I knew I would have enjoyed it much more, since my Sungie was one of them.

The clock finally struck 6 pm. I rushed out of the shop, almost forgetting to tell Marie goodbye before speeding off towards my house.

I slammed the entrance door, immediately taking a shower. Right after, I stared at my closet for a good ten minutes, picking out three different outfit options. Cute and soft, dark and sexy, neutral but attractive. Since it was my first concert ever, I wanted to dress as best as possible, I wanted to feel all the confidence I had. Cute and soft it is: a short black skirt, a white shirt top and an overall doll look. I figured I would have saved the sexy outfit for my next date with Jisung...

My mind clouded for a moment with doubts about whether there would have been another actual date with him, but I decided to ignore them and instead focus on the concert only.

I squeaked as I wore my outfit and put on my makeup, already excited. Before I knew it, it was already time to leave.

I stood outside the venue, a huge crowd was standing right in front of the gates. I took out my ticket, fully admiring it for the first time. It had "VIP pass" written on it. As I looked around, I saw a little sign which wrote "VIP entrance only", so I walked my way towards it. The security guard didn't even look at me as he took my ticket, analysed it, and gave it back, letting me pass.

I walked uncertainly through a long corridor, encountering only few people who looked too busy to even notice me. At the end, I finally arrived at a small platform with few seats which was standing above the parterre on the side of the stage. It was close, very close, yet far enough for me to be able to see all of the stage and all the faces of the people slowly filling up the front rows of the parterre.

I searched for my seat, immediately finding it. It was at the front of the three rows, only a small railing separating me from the view of the stage. It was the best seat I could have ever dreamt of.

I scrolled through my phone for a while, waiting for the beginning of the show, when a guy sat right next to me. He was showcasing the brightest smile as he bowed. I assumed he was Korean. I noticed he had cute dimples and was wearing dark blue contacts, along with some discrete makeup. Oh, how I wished it was common for Western guys too to wear make up... His features were smooth, he had a sharp jawline to contrast with his plump, round lips. His hair was styled in a black mullet parted in the middle, his clothes also fully black.