14 - Dance off

My mind could only think of how I was only one of the many. I kept on telling myself I wasn't special. That was the reason why he didn't want us to be together, just so that he could be free to hit on some other person on the next occasion.

My chest hurt, my heart pounding too fast.

- Are you feeling better? - He asked, rubbing my back.

- Yes. - I lied. I kept on feeling worse and worse the more I was with him. - I'm just a bit cold. -

He scooted on the sidewalk until he was glued to me, his right arm wrapping around my waist and covering my exposed skin. He brushed that spot with his thumb for a while, his warm touch somehow comforting me while sending shivers down my spine.

- Why were you crying? - He asked, turning to me.

- Nothing, the alcohol makes me a little sensitive sometimes. - Another lie. I chuckled, not even looking at him.

- Was it for something I did? -

I remained silent, giving it away. I only fidgeted with my rings, staring at the pavement.

- You know that whatever I've done wasn't on purpose. I don't want to hurt you, Angèle. -

I wanted to reply, but a sudden cold gust of wind made me shiver and sneeze.

- Gosh, you're gonna get sick. Here. - He removed his sweater, giving it to me. I refused, shaking my head.

- Maybe we should just go back inside. - I stood up, giving him my hand to stand up as well. He took it hesitantly.

- Okay... - He said lowly, following me inside.

Downstairs there were the rest of the members who were asking Jean question after question, while Hyunjin and Seungmin typed something on the iPad.

I walked over to Seungmin, sitting right next to him.

- What is happening? -

- We found out Jean is a dancer as well, so now we are trying to convince him to have a dance battle with Hyunjin. -

I saw him type on the Spotify search bar "Play with Fire", and I immediately smirked, turning to Hyunjin.

- If you dance to that, he's gonna be on his knees. - He chuckled, hiding his face shyly.

- Oh, wait until you see the other ones... - Seungmin said, adding Play with Fire to a playlist.

I laughed entertained while I stood up and walked to where Jisung was. He was sitting by himself at a table, watching the others discuss on who would have started dancing and to which song. In the meantime, Chan was setting up the stage so that it was free of chairs, ice cubes and any other obstacle.

- I'm sorry for before. Alcohol really messes up my emotions. - I lowly said to him.

- It's okay. I was just worried about you. - He said, his gaze not averting from his lap, where his sweater was resting. He still hadn't put it back on. His words warmed my heart, though I felt the need to apologise further.

- Thank you and sorry again. - I faintly smiled, looking at him.

- Sorry to interrupt, but can we sit here? - Minji asked with a sweet smile. She was holding Changbin's hand, who was standing besides her.

- Sure! - I scooted over closer to Jisung just as the first song started playing. It was Hyunjin's turn with When the Party is Over by Billie Eilish. Pure bliss. The stage wasn't that big, but Hyunjin managed to pull off a hell of a performance, leaving all of us with open mouths.

Halfway through the song, I turned towards Changbin and Minji, only to notice that they were cuddling and cutely holding hands. I looked at Jisung, who immediately turned to face me, timidly smiling. I curled up in a ball, holding onto his right arm and resting my head on his shoulder. His hand went to rest on my thigh, gently stroking it from time to time.

I resisted the urge to squeak when I felt his mouth pecking my head, a gesture full of care which made me want to disappear.

We remained in that position for the rest of the time, sometimes stealing glances at each other. My heart couldn't help but skip a beat when we locked gazes.

Jean turned out to be an amazing contemporary dancer, his performance of Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? by Arctic Monkeys left us all shook. After, Hyunjin danced to Play With Fire, earning a huge round of applause by all of us, including Jean. For the whole time, the two looked at each other as if they were already undressing the other in their mind. As his second song, Jean had chosen Daddy Issues by The Neighborhood, which he had performed with a chair, knowing damn well how flustered half the people in the room were due to his movements.

Once he finished, he put the chair back, wiping his sweat off his forehead. Hyunjin was sitting on a chair right in front of the stage, admiring him with sparks in his eyes.

- I'm gonna go to the bathroom to fix my hair... - Jean said walking out the room. As he passed by Hyunjin, he stroked his shoulder, clearly signalling him to follow him.

Hyunjin didn't even try to hide it, immediately jolting up and rushing up the stairs as he shouted something in Korean. Everybody laughed both embarrassed and entertained, with Chan facepalming and saying all kinds of swearwords.

I turned to Jisung, who gulped while we locked gazes.

- What did he say? - I asked.

- H-He said that he hopes he's as good at sex as he is at dancing. - I joined the others in their laughs, but I decided to take it as an opportunity to shoot my shot.

At that moment, I decided I would have just had fun with him, trying my best to ignore my feelings.

I leaned close to his ear, whispering softly.

- How about you? Are you as good at sex as you are at dancing? - I winked at him, enjoying his flustered face as he adjusted the sweater which was on his lap, pulling it closer to his intimate area to cover himself. I loved the power I had over that boy.

Some other minutes during which we all lowly chatted passed, and Minji spoke up.

- Guys, I really need to go back to my hotel... - She pouted while looking at us.

Changbin got ahold of her hand, catching her attention. He said something in Korean which made all the others coo and tease him for his cheesiness, while Minji stood there blushing. She nodded, sitting back down on his lap as he fixed her hair gently. I felt like I was melting, he kept on looking at her with so much love and care it hurt.

Eventually, we started leaving, Jisung and Hyunwoo helping me with removing the fairy lights. As we were walking upstairs, we bumped into Hyunjin and Jean. They both had swollen, red lips, Jean's neck covered in hickeys. Chan spoke to Hyunjin embarrassedly, saying something about Changbin and Minji.

Hyunjin immediately turned to Jean with the widest smirk I have ever seen.

- Do you want to stay at our hotel tonight? - He asked, Jean smirking back in agreement.

We walked out of the bar, thanking the owner. It was 2 am. Jisung and I were walking at the back, while the group was led by Chan, Felix, Minho and Seungmin, who were all drunk and singing some song.

The rest of us was chatting lowly.

- My house or your hotel? - I suddenly asked, turning to Jisung. He widened his eyes, gulping nervously.

- W-What... I-I don't know. W-What do you... - He was sweating now, fidgeting with his hands while looking at me with wide eyes. I leaned in, whispering in his ear. I loved how it made him go crazy.

- At my house we can be all by ourselves, so we can make all the noise we want... - I smirked, backing away to see his flustered reaction.

- W-We can go to your house... - He gulped again, exhaling deeply as he stuttered.

And that was how the best night of my life started.