13 - Tears

After a good ten minutes, I decided to stand up and go to the counter, preparing a big jug of Moscow Mule for everybody to drink. I placed it on the table at the centre of the room along with few glasses. Suddenly, I was surrounded by everybody, complimenting me on my bartendering skills while sipping on the drink.

Jisung came up to me, his Sex on the Beach glass already empty. I could tell he was slightly tipsy. He hugged me as if he was a koala and I were a tree, whispering against the crook of my neck.

- You tease me too much. - He whined. I chuckled, hugging him back before I chugged the rest of my drink, setting my glass on the table.

Now, around us there was more of a chill aura, with soft Billie Eilish songs playing. Everybody was sitting at the tables, chatting happily while drinking.

I went to make myself another drink, Jisung clinging onto me and wanting to taste it as well.

I ended up letting him drink most of it, though I was worried he would have gotten too drunk. Still, seeing him cling onto me and the rest of the members was so funny, I was happy the alcohol had this effect on him.

- Angèle, come dance with us! - Chan shouted from the stage, Jisung and Felix encouraging me to join them. I reluctantly did, nervous. I looked around, only to notice that everybody's eyes was on us.

Suddenly, Fake Love of BTS started playing. It was one of the few BTS songs I knew the choreography of, so I was very glad. I danced my heart out, feeling the music both because I loved the song and because of the alcohol. Once the song ended, I laid down on the stage, breathless.

- Now I get how hard it is for you guys to perform. - I held my chest in pain, standing back up.

- You were so good! - Jisung started jumping and clapping, his eyes disappearing behind his cheeks. - You could be an idol as well! - I laughed, going back to sitting at the table. The others followed suit, and soon we were all chatting and drinking.

- Angèle, who's your bias from BTS? - Chan asked.

- Jungkook. - I smiled, and I saw his grin grow wider.

- We could introduce him to you. - He raised his eyebrows while looking at Minho, showing his cute dimples before taking a good sip of whatever he had in his glass.

- Oh Gosh. - I facepalmed, embarrassed. I imagined myself meeting Jungkook: extremely awkward.

- Hey! I'm getting jealous! - Jisung suddenly said, making everybody burst out laughing.

All but me. I felt my whole body heat up, my ears getting redder by the second. He was jealous. I felt so hot that I decided to remove my sweater, completely forgetting what I was wearing under it. That was until I saw Jisung's mouth drop, staring at me.

I quickly covered myself with my arms, feeling even hotter.

- I-I'm sorry, I forgot I was wearing this. - Jisung gulped, his eyes still fixed on my body.

- D-Don't worry, i-it's just that... wow. -

There were few moments of awkward silence, during which I nervously kept on drinking. I was already tipsy, and those sips only added to my dizziness.

A couple of minutes later, Thunderous started playing. My eyes widened, immediately going to Jisung.

- Please, please, please, can we dance to this? It's the first song of yours that I ever listened to! - I showed him my best puppy eyes, tugging on the hem of his sweater. He chuckled, nodding and following my childish drunk ass on the stage.

We danced to the whole song, only the two of us on the stage, trying our best to do everybody's parts. We laughed at our own clumsiness after bumping into each other several times and after forgetting the words from how drunk we were. I did Felix's part when it was Jisung's turn to sing, and I jumped on his back while I tried to do both Hyunjin's and Changbin's parts towards the end, Jisung almost falling. At the end of the song, we both had the widest smiles on our faces.

- Thank you, Sungie, that was amazing! - I happily jumped, wrapping my hands around his neck. The others were clapping at us, though I could only focus on Jisung's eyes, getting lost in them.

Before I knew it, we were kissing right in front of all the others. When a loud cheer arose from them, I immediately parted, running to hide in one corner of the room, embarrassed.

- You should be part of the group! - Chan said as I shyly stood up and sat next to Jisung. - What do you guys think? - Chan asked playfully, but the rest of the members shouted words of approval, making us all laugh.

I felt so honoured and flustered to hear them compliment my dancing skills, I wanted to bury myself from shyness. Minho said something in Korean, wanting somebody to translate.

- Minho asks if you have ever danced before. - Chan said, turning to me.

- I danced hip hop and contemporary for a few years, but I stopped when I started going to university. - I explained, my cheeks red. Minho spoke again.

- He says you are very good. - I hid myself in embarrassment behind Jisung, wanting that moment to stop as soon as possible. The dance leader had not just complimented my dancing skills!

- Look at you, all flustered! - Jisung made fun of me, sneaking his arm around my shoulder. I playfully hit him, frowning.

- Shut up! -

- Look at them, their first couple fight! - Seungmin cooed sarcastically, everybody bursting out laughing.

- W-We are n-not... - Jisung started lowly explaining. It broke my heart to hear from him that we were not a thing. We had kissed three times already and I was obviously whipped for him, but he was holding himself back as if he didn't want me. Why those kisses, then? I felt rage piling up inside me, I just wanted to let it all out and cry.

I stood up and excused myself, going upstairs to find the bathroom. I walked past a few couples, only making me want to bawl my eyes out even more. I meant nothing to him, he was just playing.

I sat in the bathroom for a few minutes, letting my drunk tears fall silently, wiping them away from time to time.

Right after, while checking myself in the mirror, I noticed my eyes were luckily not puffy, yet their redness proved that I had been crying.

I took some deep breaths before getting out of the bathroom. On my way back, I noticed Hyunjin sitting at a table talking to a guy. They both seemed very interested in the conversation they were having, and I could see he was eating him alive with his eyes. I approached them slowly, putting on a genuine smile on my face.

- Hello, sorry to interrupt you. Nice to meet you, I'm Angèle. - I smiled while shaking the guy's hand.

- Jean. - I noticed he had a warm smile, his naturally blonde hair and hazel eyes only adding to his charm.

- If Hyunjin doesn't mind you can join us downstairs. - I smiled at him and he shrugged his shoulders, turning to Hyunjin.

- Thank you. Just one minute. - Hyunjin smiled at me as I walked away, both of them going back to their conversation right after.

Just as I was about to walk down the stairs, I bumped into Jisung.

- Oh, there you are! I was coming to look for you. - He furrowed his brows, looking at me in the eyes. - Did you... cry? - The split second he said those words, tears formed in my eyes, threatening of falling once again. He put on a pitiful expression on his face, which I hated. After all, he was the cause of my tears.

- N-No, I'm good. - My voice cracked as I spoke.

- No you're not! Let's go outside. - He took my hand and dragged me out of the bar, sitting on the sidewalk.

The cold air woke me up suddenly, though it kept on hitting my bare skin, sending shivers all over my body. I breathed deeply for a while, trying to drive away those hurtful thoughts as we sat in silence next to each other.