21 - Back⛔️

I woke up in the hospital, only for a few seconds, just enough to whisper something.

- Ji... - And I was gone again.

When I woke up again, my mom was crying while screaming at the phone. My phone. She was talking to somebody, clearly not in the right state of mind to do so.

I checked my arms while squinting. They were all covered by needles and tubes, secured by tape. I could feel my pulse in my head, my hands incredibly cold to the touch.

- Oh my God, she's awake. - My mom said to the person on the other line, looking at me while pressing the button to quickly end the call.

She caressed my face, her eyes full of worry.

I barely heard what she said, though I understood she had asked me how I was.

I didn't even respond, immediately bursting out crying. I had never felt worse. I had made my parents incredibly worried, and they were probably disappointed as well. I was their only child, yet their biggest disappointment and regret.

- S-S... - I was sobbing so uncontrollably that I couldn't even apologize.

My mother rubbed my back soothingly, staying in that position for a good half an hour. She sang my favorite song, saying those words which she knew would have made me feel better.

I wiped away my tears, my breath steadying. After a few minutes of silence, I decided to break it.

- Who were you talking to? - My voice came out in a weak feeble, matching my physical state.

- Minji. - My first reaction was confusion. Why would have Minji called? I hadn't talked to her ever since Paris, even though we had promised to keep in contact.

My mother caught up with my confusion. She explained that I had whispered "Ji" the first time I had woken up, so she had scrolled through my phone to find a contact which could have been named like that.

Obviously, the only one she could find was that of Minji, since I didn't have Jisung's number.

For a moment, I was glad she hadn't directly called Jisung. I would have killed myself if he had found out about me being in such a state.

Nevertheless, I panicked as I realized Minji might have talked to him. I quickly gestured my mother to hand me my phone, which she did worriedly.

I immediately called her.

- Yes? -

- M-Minji, i-it's me. - My voice was shaky.

- Oh my God, Angèle, how are you? -

- Please tell me you didn't tell Jisung anything. - I completely ignored her question. She knew how I was, and I needed answers.

- I might... I might have already told him. - I wanted to disappear right there and then. Shame filled every inch of my body, my hands shaking as I ended the call, not even bothering to tell her goodbye.

My mother stared at me, confusion painted on her face as well as worry.

- Who's Jisung? - I gulped. He was the reason why I was there. Suddenly, rage filled my body, my fists clenching. He had betrayed me. He had ruined my life. I had worked so hard to see him again and learn Korean only for him to ghost me with no explanation.

My mother must have understood that he had something to do with the whole situation, but decided not to question me further to avoid more problems.

The door suddenly swung open, revealing Alice.