3. What's in the air?

I swayed my hips to the music as I grabbed the pile of folded clothes into the pre labeled box. Clothes I wear often. "There!" I said feeling accomplished. I found it easier to label specifically instead of just putting "Keri's" on top. Especially because most of this would be in storage until fall when I went to NYU.

Don't believe me just watch

"Hey hey hey!" I sang along with the music as I finished packing the remaining pair of my sexy clothes. I turned to the things on my desk and grabbed newspaper and wrap my glass trinkets in.

     I was honestly happy to go home. I mean yeah I would've preferred to leave in three weeks from now but I missed my mom and dad as well as Cali and my friends from home. I missed Rave and her unexpected pop ups that annoyed mom. 

     They really love Rave like a daughter as well. She was the one who taught me all my cool drinking tips and the rules of being a successful yet non-loner student. She took me to my first party, helped me after my first shift in ways my in home family couldn't. Although I let Cali think she was helping me...She couldn't help me in the ways that Rave could. Rave and I were blood and even though she wasn't my mom, she was my family. I could tell my mom was skeptical when I first decided to have a relationship with her. I mean yeah she gave me up but let's be honest. Her name is Rave. She wasn't good with the raising of children. She was heartbroken majority of my childhood and she spent that time grieving the loss of her first real love. In time, she accepted it and moved on. She partied less, she went back to school for counseling and now there she is. A counselor at the high school a few towns over.

      I heard the door open and knew it as my friend Julian by his choice of body wash. "Hey.' I called bending over to pick up the box I had finished taping and stacked it by the door.

"You move fast." He said standing by the door.

I stood up to look at him. He was wearing cargo shorts and a tight v neck with a fisherman's hat on his messy blonde hair. I don't know if it was the rush of teenage hormones or the heat of the pre-summer weather outside that was turning me on but in a flash I heard the door lock and I felt myself fly back on my bed with Julian hovering over me.

"God, why are you leaving me?" He asked breathing heavily. I looked at his opaque eyes and I knew his wolf was in charge right now.

I nodded biting my lip as I went to sit up. His hand stopped me as he pulled me into him. He pressed his lips to my forehead. 

"I have to go back to my family." I explained. 

He smiled at me and moved a curl out of my face, "You're so good, Keri." I returned his smiled looking into his eyes. I loved living here, in this boarding school, around other wolves who were like me- unbelonging to a pack, but belonging to ourselves. 

"I try to be." 

He smirked. "Trust me, I know." he kissed my lips, a habit he had recently formed, not that 
I was complaining. I heard a growl and suddenly he was across the room, watching me hungrily. 

"Its because the full moon is Friday." He explained.

"Our wolves are unmated and the constant proximity of you has been driving mine crazy all week. That's why I've been keeping our face to face conversations short." He took a deep breath before he stood and frowned.

"I'm sorry." He explained frowning.

"No. I am, I just got..." I blushed knowing that he smelt my arousal.

"Kare, please stop." He begged which only made it worse.

He grabbed my waist and sat me on the couch. "Behave." He called as he quickly grabbed my packed boxes and left out of the room.

What the hell?

That was all you!

I frowned at my wolf's response. Why on earth did I react that way toward Blake? He said his wolf had been going crazy all week because of the full moon but I had been fine. I shook it off and decided to finish packing the remainder of my things so I could go shopping for the party tomorrow.

"You done?" Julian asked smiling at me. I nodded embarrassed.

I picked up the box and turned to walk it out but he grabbed it from me and took it to the car as well. I let my hair out of the elastic let it fall wildly at my shoulders before changing out of my hoodie and throwing on a tank top.

I heard a growl but when I turned there was nothing. I frowned. But went outside nonetheless. I saw Julian out frowning.

"What?"

"What are you doing Kare?" He accused.

"What are you talking about?" I demanded.

"Why do I feel like this for you?"

I shook my head. "Julian."

"I know. You're waiting for your mate." He explained softly.

I smiled at him, "When you find your mate, you're going to make her the happiest person alive. I know it." 

He laughed. "I hope so," he looked at his phone and groaned. "I gotta run, I'll catch you at the party tonight right?" 

I nodded letting him run along, thankful my dorm was now fully packed thanks to his help. I really had some amazing friends, and a pretty great whatever Julian and I were. It was secret and innocent; it was fun. He was a good guy, a wolf, and it was great knowing someone so...sweet. I was gonna miss my friends.