Wow.

She was silent for a moment. "So I was a cover-up." she concluded with a smile. I let a chuckle out at this while she turned the air up in her beat up car.

"So my seed is mates with one of the most powerful alphas in the country." she said beaming. "And he just took over."

"It doesnt mean anything." I said looking out of the window.

"How many boyfriends does a woman go through in her average lifetime?"

"Three?"

"How many heart breaks?"

"Ten." I snorted.

"Two from each parents. Three from boyfriends. Two more from crushes. A heart break from a sibling. And the last two are saved for when her favorite boy bands split." She stopped the car. I turned to look at her serious expression.

"How many times do you get to meet your true mate?"

I felt a sob coming on. "Once." I whispered.

"How many years have you spent loving Cali? Wiping her eyes after heart breaks and bandaging her scraped knees and elbows after each fall she overexaggerated?"

"Almost sixteen." I answered sniffling.

"You come first. I do not care how selfish I sound for putting your needs before hers. You're my..." she paused before taking a deep breath. "You're my daughter. You're my flesh and blood. She isn't. I'll always tell you how to make you happy and your mate empowers you. They build you up when youre broken. Cali cant do that for you. I can't do that for you."

I opened my mouth to argue.

"You can't fight fate Kare. You won't win. Its inevitable. You might as well accept before it gets messy."

I took in her words and sat back against the leather seat and closed ny eyes trying to figure out a way to be happy with Roman without hurting Cali.

I couldn't.

¤¤¤

"Good morning Alpha." Rave said eyeing me mischeviously. I blushed away from her look and turned my head up to face the big bad alpha in front of me.

"Alpha." I said bowing respectfully. I heard him growl in dissatisfaction but I ignored it and walked behind him to the dining room for the welcoming brunch. I felt firm hands on my sides before I was lifted in front of him. "Lunas always lead." he whispered lowly in my ear. I felt the need swell inside me at his proximity shutting down my airways making it impossible for me to speak so I nodded.

We sat at the table. Myself of his right and Rave on his left. His mother and father came in and sat on the opposite end looking ever so graceful and strong. Their relationship boasted power.

"Good afternoon." Alpha Richard spoke with a proud smile. "Your resemblance is unmistakeable. Excuse me though, you look like her sister."

Rave looked at me for permission. I nodded eagerly. Our relationship may come across as confusing but it wasnt. It worked for us.

"Im her biological mother." she explained.

"Do you not take care of her?" he asked quickly after.

"Dad!" I ignored Roman and spoke.

"Our relationship is not black and white but it certainly goes without a doubt that she cares for me. She's like the mother and best friend that could never be replaced. She doesnt have to provide my shelter to take care of me." I spoke folding my napkin.

I looked over at Roman and saw him beaming down at me in pride. I felt myself smiling as well so I looked away. "I meant that in no disrespect Alpha."

"No mate of my son's will call me Alpha. Im Richard. And my wife and beautiful mate Renee." I felt myself turn crimson.

"I wasnt aware he told you about us." I said shooting him a look.

"Was I supposed to keep you a secret?" He asked harshly. I found myself stumbling to find a thought before I simply sealed my lips.

"Well on with the formalities." Rave said awkwardly laughing.

*
We would have to partake in a ceremony. It is customary with joining a pack. There is a blood sharing ritual that links yourself with the alpha and in doing so with the pack as well. But before that took place, I would be introduced to them. To all of them.

We were upstairs alone. Rave and his parents were chatting down in the dining room still when Roman excused us.

"I want to apologize for yesterday." he said suddenly. "I should have been understanding about your feelings. You dont want to hurt Cali by being selfish." I nodded furrowing my eyebrows. I walked around the huge study and began to browse the books as he followed closely behind me.

"Cali is extremely emotional and dramatic. I wouldnt want to hurt her either but I know she values the truth. Which is why I lied to her about being a wolf. I didnt trust her enough with my secret. We weren't serious enough and I never wanted to be exclusive with her anyway."

"So what did you want with her huh? Shes 15 almost 16." I accused.

"She confessed she had a crush on me. She prepared a speech and all. How could I crush her? All she asked for was a shot. I told her we should start as friends. I didnt know she thought of us as a couple until she told me we were officially three months in."

I frowned. "So you're calling her crazy?"

"Im calling her young." he clarified. "I am telling her the truth. That I'm a wolf and I found my mate. I can't pretend to like her when I know how I feel about you."

"You don't know me." I argued pushing away from the book case.

"Then help me to?" he said grabbing my arm and pinning me against the wall. His body was pressed flush against my own and the mate pull was definitely clouding my judgement. All I could think about was how perfect this moment was. How deep his eyes looked. How prefect he was.

All mine.

I could see why my wolf was so whipped and courted by the very idea of him. He was honest and kind hearted. He was fighting for me and he hadnt known me an entire week. Could I really fight this? Could I fight fate?

"I want to know you and all there is to know." he mumbled into my neck. I gasped in anticipation. He began to pepper kisses along my jawline making me fold into him delicately.

"Roman," I gasped out as he began to suck on the sensitive skin on my neck.

"God You're perfect Kara." he whispered looking at my flushed face. He trailed his finger over my lip making me bite it in nervousness. He let out a groan before his lips were on mine claiming me as his. Any guilt and remorse I felt had known out of my head to be forgotten. The only accurate thought and emotion running through my mind was Roman and my need for more of him. I tangled my arms in his hair and felt myself being lifted before I was laid on a hard surface. He wrapped his arms around my small body and pulled me to the edge of the table until I was flesh against his waist. I felt him on me and immediately let out a moan of vulnerability. Upon hearing myself I sat up straight and pushed him away with such a force he stumbled backward to the book shelf and I slid backward onto the table.

The room was felt with deep breaths and his crazed eyes met mine and for a second, just for one second, I let myself fall.

"Wow." I expressed running a hand through my hair.

"Wow." he nodded smiling at me with pure satisfaction.