Two Soaked Alphas

The celebration that followed the ritual was amazing. I was the center of it. It was a party to celebrate me and although I was having a great time, I was having concerned thoughts for my family. My dad and sister were fine and still in the hospital. They had been moved to the same room and my grandmother had come down to pick up the slack that I couldn't cover. However, my mom was still asleep. I sighed. Roman turned to face me in concern. "It's okay." I frowned at him in confusion. 

 "The mate pull," he explained. "I can feel your emotions. I could feel it the day you kicked Jesse's ass, but it's stronger now. I almost confused it with myself for a second." I smiled softly at him.

 "It's okay to worry." he said looking me into my eyes. "But it isn't on you." I nodded knowing that he was right. "And you should not feel guilty at all." I rolled my eyes. 

"How do I get you out of my head?" I asked joking. He laughed freely and it was the most beautiful sound that I had heard. It's like when Roman smiled or laughed my heart skipped a beat and I was frozen in time. He was my time. With every second that passed, I felt myself becoming more and more intertwined with him. I had tried to fight it and ignore it but I was in too deep. He was my mate. He was my soul mate, made to love me indefinitely and forever. I reveled in the feeling. 

 "I feel that too." he said softly looking me into my eyes. I smiled widely and just like that I was happy. 

 I saw Rose appear looking rather angry and stomping her way to the table. I was confused until I saw her and Roman's father following shortly after talking to his wife about how she just couldn't keep a wild wolf as a pet. I smiled at the irony. 

 "Wolfs are good company!" she growled at him in fury. I poked Roman's side and pointed to his little sister as I giggled. She looked at me out of the corner of her eye and she lit up. I shook my head in mock fear. 

"Luna," she said sweetly as she eyed her mother. "Tell these two that a wolf is indeed a good pet." 

I bit my lip as I looked to Roman as scapegoat. He simply turned away from me. My jaw dropped. 

"Rose, I understand why your parents say no. It's offensive to us, imagine if someone tried to take you as a pet when in your heart you were meant to be free?" her face softened. 

"I'd be sad.  I would probably hate it." I nodded. 

"As wolves, we have the desire to roam free and to run free. We don't like cages or feeling boxed in,"

"But everyone has a wolf here except me." she pouted. I frowned at her. She wasn't of age yet, so she hadn't had a first shift. 

"What about this? If your parents say it's okay, then me and you will go to the puppy center in town, and adopt you a puppy." Her face lit up and she threw her arms around me in pure bliss. She released me and turned to her parents. 

"Please daddy! Please!" she begged. The girl was very convincing. Her dad turned to her mom who simply nodded with an eyeroll. 

"It will be your responsi"-

"Oh yes!" she screamed in bliss. "Thank you Luna!" she sang as she skipped away talking about puppy names. 

"I hope that was okay with you guys." I said after she bounced away. They waved me off. 

"It's fine." she laughed. "Besides," she smirked. "Rose lives here, with you guys." I turned to Roman who was busy talking to Jesse in a quiet murmur. I pursed my lips but nonetheless turned forward in my seat to see Blake coming around the bend of the building tucking his shirt. I smirked and stood. Roman turned to face me and I nodded ahead to my frazzled best friend. He growled lowly but nonetheless nodded and stood as he excused me from the table. I walked across the lawn and found Blake. 

 "What have you done?" I accused. 

"It was once." he swore. 

I frowned my nose in disgust. "Who?"

He laughed. "Your hand." 

"Ew." I groaned. "Don't ever say that again. First of all, and wow I did not see that one coming at all." I sat next to him. "So how I was it?"

He shrugged. "It was the same as it always is, satisfying but not great." He looked glum. I ran my hand through his hair and he sat his head on my shoulder. 

"You'll find her." I promised. He mumbled something incoherent but before I could ask him to reiterate, he was being pushed away from me. I looked up to see my beautiful mate beyond pissed, Roman was furious and I'm guessing he heard whatever Blake said. I stood at once and stepped in between both of them. 

"No." I said to Blake as he stood up and growled. "You do not challenge him." I said sternly. He glared at me in pure resentment and it hurt me to see my best friend looking at me like I was the enemy. 

"Wow." I muttered before he pushed my arm off of his chest and stormed away. 

"I wasn't done talking to you, pup." Roman went after Blake. I was getting so angry and fed up with their childish vendettas against each other that the next thing I knew they were getting sprayed. 

By water 

That was streaming from my hands

 I glared at the two soaked alphas in pure disappointment after the water stopped. 

"For once, can someone be selfless when it comes to me?"