A Union

"I..What..how?" I couldn't formulate any working sentences in the moment. I was still in shock. My mom, who the last I had seen her was on her death bed was here with me. 

"I...woke up a week ago. I was with Cali, but I had a few scares so I didn't have them alert any fanily. I went home and your father told me all about you. You're the Luna of a powerful pack, a witch, a mom..." she broke with her eyes filling with tears. She squeezed my hand. "And soon to be wife." 

"Anywho, your dad called Roman. He came over and decided I would be the best wedding gift for the girl he wants to give the world to." My heart swelled with love and pride in that love knowing Roman loved me enough to make this moment that much more special to me. "And I approve big time. He is...he is perfect for you. The way he talks about you...it's more than what I have with your father but boy is it an inspiration to be like." 

"We've had some bumps in the roads."

"Wolf relationships are fast tracked and you were raised as a traditional American girl...you guys needed those bumps." 

I nodded knowing it was true. We had spent the beginning of our relationship clashing, pushing each others buttons but now...the way we moved and communicated with each other was refreshing. We relied on the instinct in our love more than the pride and arrogance of it. 

 Sooner than I expected, I was dressed in my gown. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I looked beautiful. I turned, admiring my dress and the lace floral details. I was mesmerized. This was the dress. 

My mom came into the room and gasped. "It's beautiful! Oh my!" Cali walked in behind her and smiled. 

"Oh you look amazing Kare." I smiled, feeling my eyes fill with tears. 

"Cali." 

"I wouldn't miss your wedding for the world." she walked over and gave me a bear hug. "I am so sorry...I was so selfish and mean and I have a world of things to make up for, but I will. I will do it, but today. Today I am here for you. I'm here for you and Roman. He's a great guy and you deserve a great guy." She pulled out a small box from her purse. I opened it and gasped. 

"My diamond necklace!" I glared at her.

"I had it." she admitted. "Something old." she joked. I swatted her laughing but made her put it on me nonetheless. I was admiring the jewel when Rave came in the room. She made all her girly screams and shrieked over the dress and how it hid my baby bump. 

I was almost shocked when she walked up to me with a pair of blue quartz earring rings. They were beautiful. I gasped. "Rave,"

"Something blue." 

I smiled but another voice at the door shocked me. "You look...." I turned to see Regan. He was staring at me. He walked in and close the door. "I...I thought I would never." He turned away, the Alpha in his refusing to let anyone see him emotion. I had always thought I had a birth dad who didn't want me, but in reality I had a dad who had missed out and yearned for me all of my life. I walked over to him and his quivering shoulder and wrapped my arms around him. 

"It's real dad." he looked me into my eyes, showing me his manly tears. I looked around the room, surrounded by my family. This was my dream. I finally felt...loved. 

The final moments until I walked down the isle, my anxiety kicked a tremendous amount of ass. I was scared. I was nervous. What if I tripped? What if there was something on the back of the dress? What is my veil gets stuck in my hair? What if we get to our vows and I go to speak and nothing comes out?

"Hey." I turned to my best friend/wedding planner/man of honor and felt relief. "Calm down. Lover boy is waiting for you." I smiled up him. He smiled back then stared at me. 

"The first time I saw you I thought you were my mate," I froze but he continued. "Not just because you are beautiful, but because when I saw your I felt something in me tell me, you were just like me-of course you were not my mate...you were something even better. I had just...felt the loss of my dad and I felt all alone, then there you were...alone but you loved it. I wanted to be like that...then I noticed you weren't alone. You were in good company, your own good company. The more I began to be around you the more I began to love you, you're the little sister I never had...the cousin I wished for...the company I needed."

I swelled at his words. Blake was...blunt and honest but he was never vulnerable and intimate. Our relationship was filled with honesty but witty banter and teasing. We didn't have serious moments like this. 

"You are a great friend and partner, and you have been an amazing mate on your end. You have a pure heart and you make me proud every day. You're going to be an amazing wife and mother, just like you've been an amazing Luna." I wrapped my arms around him and felt, relieved and eased. I was now ready. I was ready to marry Roman Grey and be the wife he deserved...the love he needed after the loss he had been through. 

"Ready?" I turned to face both of my dads and lent them and arm for each. 

"Hell yeah." 

The doors opened and the small room of twenty turned to stare. I heard gasps and shrieks but they all turned to silence when my eyes met his. He was...beautiful. His hair was cut but his facial hair was sharply lined. He looked mature, but he still possessed his boyish charm. He was dressed immaculate. His suit was tailored, midnight black and fit him well. My eyes scanned his body in pure lust. I was so focused on him and how amazing he looked I almost missed the glimmer of a tear in his eye. His face was strained as if he were holding back a wave of emotion. I heard the elder speaking to my Dads and them release my hand. I was facing him now. I took his hand in mine, drawing circles on the back of his hand. 

I know

He smiled at me and nodded, taking a breath. He faced the Elder who was marrying us. 

"We are gathered here today..."

Our ceremony was a mixture of traditional vows with a tribute to our native roots...we were being married in nature, surrounded by nature. We had a blood ritual to preform before we were seen as married in the eyes of the Goddess of the Moon. 

I followed Roman as we had practiced, pricking the palm of my hand with the traditional Sword of Alphas, it has been passed down generations...how sanitary? When the blood began to pool, I pressed my palm into his, raising it above our heads. 

"With all my blood and heart, I give myself eternally to you." we spoke simultaneously. I felt myself flooded with images of Roman and I, as if I were watching them in the eyes of another- in the eyes of the Moon Goddess. The day we met, me in the car crying, our first kiss, a moment of him and Jesse speaking about me, the day he talked to Cali, him worrying about me when I went to visit Blake...every moment, every memory as it were being analyzed. 

With love and purity, I do bless these hearts 

I heard a voice in my mind I had never heard before, but I instantly smiled knowing what it meant. 

"You are now married." The Elder spoke, and we kissed.