Not Just Another Wolf

"Ouch!" I yelled looking up at his annoying, smug look.

"How do you expect to be Luna if you can't fight?" I rolled my eyes at Jesse and stood again. He had just knocked me down for the third time today and I was definitely starting to get angry. My wolf was mentally driving me insane with her growls and snarls at me! She was supposed to be on my side.

"I can fight." I snapped back at him. "I just haven't had to in a while."

"Well it's like you're not even trying!" He snapped. I growled at him. And he returned it.

Until the mating process was finished, I still remained just a regular wolf. When I officially mate with Roman, I become his equal. His strength is my strength, his title will become mine. But until then, I was Jesse subordinate and that didn't sit well with me. He was rude, kind of arrogant and insanely insensitive. However, he was a higher ranking wolf, stronger than me and faster than me.

"Roman's probably cursing the moon God for pairing him with a weak little bitch like you." I growled and sent my fist flying to his face. When I heard the pop, I kicked him in the stomach and pushed him over, straddling while I continued to punch him.

"How dare you talk to me like that?" I repeated as I punched him. I was seeing red. I don't think I've ever been so angry in my life. My skin was on fire and I could feel the hair on the back of my neck raise. I growled as I towered over him. I was shifting.

"Stop." His voice boomed next to me. I turned my head to him and felt my anger diminish a little. I looked down at Jesse who was now holding his red and bloody nose.

"I am not weak." I said standing as I walked away from the training pad. Roman stood at the entrance looking at me with a mixture of pride and annoyance.

"What?" I snapped looking at my hand which was starting to bruise.

"Your temper." He said simply.

"You didn't hear what he said to me." I snapped pushing past him.

"What did he say?" He asked following me.

"He said you're probably cursing the mood God for pairing you with a weak bitch like me, well I'll tell you all something, I'm not some weak bitch and it's gonna take more than a curse to the moon God to get rid of me." I snapped pushing opening the front door and storming out.

* Roman's POV

I watched as my mate walking away blazing in anger. I stood frozen. My wolf was basking in pride seeing his mate take down a full grown Beta Wolf. I growled at the thought of Jesse. I turned to see him in the mirror checking out his nose.

"You don't talk to her like that." I order walking up to him.

"I didn't mean it." He said turning to face me. "She was just holding back. I wanted to see what she could do." He touched his nose and winced.

"I don't think you should've used yourself as a test dummy." I said cackling. He glared at me through the mirror.

"I can't believe I got beat up by a girl. What the fuck am I supposed to say to her now...sorry?" He asked in annoyance.

"No..." I trailed off thinking. "Don't tell her it was a test. Let her believe you doubt her."

His eyes widened in fear. "She almost killed me!"

"She wouldn't have killed you." I said waving him off. I stopped laughing. "I think." His eyes widened even more.

"There's no way she's a regular born. She has to be born to a high ranking wolf." He said after a moment.