Mmm.

I looked out of the window and sighed. "Come back and lay down." I turned to Blake and frowned.

He sat up from his spot on the floor and wiped his face groggily. "It's 4am."

"I can't sleep." I said quietly.

He walked behind me and hugged me around my waist. "It'll be fine." He broke away and grabbed my hand leading me to the bed. I sat down and so did he.

"Talk."

"I'm scared." I admitted.

"Of what?"

"He'll realize he should have taken his chances with Cali. He'll realize she's the better one. He'll put her first like everyone else there does." I said sobbing. "I'm always everyone's second pick."

"Not mine." He said softly. "He didn't pick her, she wanted him. He chose you. He has been trying to show you that, and you keep choosing Cali."

"I hurt him. I always run. I just don't know how to think like that. You think for me, you're my other half"-

"Not anymore." He said giving me a smile.

"He's your person. I'm just a best friend. I'm okay with that."

"But he just came and changed everything. You're my person."

"What if he did what you're doing right now? How would you feel? That he traveled hours to go and talk to some friend, instead of his own mate. This will break you two apart, now you have to let him in Kare. You have to let him be your person, and you have to be his. Otherwise, he'll find a person, and it won't be you."

***

"Back again?" He spoke harshly.

I sighed as I sat my keys down. "At least take your fucking phone when you disappear! At least let me know you're fucking breathing!" He threw my phone at the wall and I watched it fall to tiny pieces of metal.

"Roman stop!" I ordered when he grabbed a plate. He looked in my eyes and his body sunk. He frowned.

"You're scared. I scared you?" He asked looking defeated.

"I'm not scared of you. I am scared though. That's why I ran."

He took two strides over to me. "What's wrong? Who hurt you?" He started to check my body for abnormalities.

"No one. I just. I don't know what I'm feeling. And I'm always in control of my feelings and my life and my friends and everything and with you, I have no control. You do."

"You're scared of letting go."

"I'm scared of getting hurt." I admitted. "I'm scared that you'll get to know me and wish I wasn't the mate you got stuck with. I'm scared you'll think you'd been better off with Cali."

"I choose you. A million times, I'd choose you. You aren't less than her. Cali isn't you. She isn't as kind, as thoughtful, caring, strong, beautiful, amazing, enchanting- she isn't you Kara. She isn't the woman I get to say, was made for me."

"Do you mean it? Do you promise and swear it?"

"Of course I do Kara. You have to trust me, I know you're scared but I won't hurt you. I am literally designed to worship the ground you walk on."

I stood on my tiptoes and wrapped my arms around his neck. He lifted my waist until I was wrapped flush against him. "Thank you Roman."

"Always. Whenever you need reassurance of that, I will tell you, every day and every night." I squeezed him tighter feeling an overwhelming surge of joy and....and love glow within me.

I brought my head back and looked him into his eyes. He studied mine for a minute before zeroing in on my lips. I did the same and looked up at him through my eye lashes. He brought his mouth to mine slowly and seductive. I followed his lead and then he made contact. I felt a bubble of ecstasy burst and we pressed fast forward, our once slow and safe kiss was put in overdrive. I let my hands roam in his hair tugging and pulling him closer to me, he couldn't be anymore closer to me. He let his hands wonder up my backside and nest into my hair driving me wild. His tongue traced my lower lip hungrily but I didn't budge. He tugged my hair aggressively but not violently and let his kisses take control on my neck, where he skillfully kissed and sucked along my jaw line and neck. I gasped as he ran his canines alone the length of my neck. "Roman." I moaned as he moved us to the desk knocking everything on the floor. He sat me down , without breaking apart. He used my moment of weakness and his key and he attached his lips to mine sliding his tongue inside my mouth fighting with mine for dominance. He let his hand fall to the waist line of my jeans. I held my stance. He put a hand inside and I faltered a bit. I wasn't gonna lose. He smirked against my lips and before I know it, he was massaging me with one finger. I gasped allowing him to take the gold. I pulled away as he moved faster pumping strokes into me. "Roman," I moaned grabbing his hair with one hand while I scratched his back with the other.

My breathing hitched and my nails stuck into him when he went back to my neck whilst continuing to pleasure me there. My body clenched around him and soon I released over his hands, at the same moment, he plunged his canines into my neck, marking me as his.

I gasped in pleasure and shock when he licked the mark , healing me. He looked me into my eyes and brought his fingers into this mouth sucking them clean. "Mmm." He moaned smirking at me.