6. His name is what?

I stared at her in shock. A boyfriend? I drove down here not for her, but for a boy. I left my friends, a job and the opportunity to finish my design class in person. I was silent...I think a few seconds had passed before she spoke. 

"I know I said it was urgent"- I saw her sad look and I instantly smiled. Even though I was annoyed with her I wouldn't let her see that. I smiled at her. 

"It is urgent!" I lied. "How long have you two been official?" I asked acting intrigued.

"Three months." She said smiling. 

"Three months." I nodded. "My little sister got a boyfriend before me. How sad?"

She laughed in relief that I wasn't mad at her for wasting my time. But boy was Rachel right. My mom side eyed me, a thing she did from time to time. I don't think she knew I knew she was gauging my reaction. She was terrified of the possibility of me getting upset. Afraid I may "wolf" out. I envied the children who grew up raised by wolves...ironically. The grass isn't always greener right? 

"So when do I get to meet him?" She didn't get a chance to answer because my dad yelled upstairs.

"Cali! Keri!" I looked at her and frowned when she shook her head.

"He's out of town for the weekend. He'll be back Sunday." I stiffened when I smelled the forest scent.

A wolf. I felt the hair on my body stand at ease. This wasn't an ordinary wolf. I followed the sound of my father's voice. 

There was a guy who radiated control. He was tan and tall, you could see his muscles in his tight t-shirt. He had jet black hair and light grey eyes.

"Hello." He said eyeing me suspiciously.

"Hi." I said looking him in the eye. He clenched his jaw.

"Who are you?" He asked tilting his head. "And why are you on our territory without permission?"

"I'm Keri; I was born here, didn't know I had to ask for permission to come home." I shot back.

His eyes widened at he took a deep breath at the sound of Cali's voice. She saw him and frowned.

"Does Roman have you watching me again, Jesse?" I turned to loom at her. 

"You know him?" I asked defensively. Things have changed.

"Yes. We all went to high school together. They graduated last year." Cali replied at the same time; he shook his head smiling, "No. I just stopped by to make sure you were okay and not freaking out about his long weekend up north." He lied smoothly. 

I looked between them frowning.

"Actually"- he shot me a look that made me shut up.

"Your hot sister here, is coming out to dinner with me." He said smiling.

"For the last time, I have a boyfriend. You creep." His face fell and anger took its place. "Now if you don't mind..." I took him by the arms and walked him through the front door. 

"Next time you wanna come around...don't." And with that I shut the door.

Cali was giggling her eyes out. "I don't think he's ever been rejected."

"Well there's a first for everything." I crossed my arms and smirked raising an eyebrow, "Who is Roman?"

She blushed again. "My boyfriend." She mumbled.

"And his name is Roman?" I asked trying to contain my laughter.

"Oh Keri! He's gorgeous. He's tall and muscular, he's loyal like a dog and he ruled the school. He has the softest pink lips, and the bluest eyes. And a dimple right here," she said poking holes in her cheeks. "He's perfect."

"So he's Hercules?" I asked smiling. Her face turned hard.

"Hercules is a Greek god. Not Roman, you idiot." I laughed at her corny defense.

"It's okay if you're in love with a myth." I held my hands up in surrender.

"Three...two"

"I'm a wolf. You won't catch me." I said raising my eyebrow.

"One." She said as I dashed out of the door I had just closed on Jesse and hit a hard chest. Sparks erupted everywhere inside of me. I felt like my world had dropped from the axis and fell, deep and hard. I felt two strong arms grab me and push me backward. I looked up at saw two eyes of blue studying me. I couldn't breathe. I was stuck. His arms felt like sparks of electricity that pulsated from my heart to...my lady parts back to my head. I looked into his eyes and I swear I could see the definition of "love" in them. I gasped when I realized what was happening. 

One day you'll see him and you'll know...it'll be the first time you see perfection in a person.

Mine

He growled lowly, eyeing me as if I was made of glass.

"'Mine" I whispered breathlessly.

My mate. I smiled at the same time as he did. Mates. This feeling...of warmth and happiness was far more than anything I thought possible. The way he looked at me made me feel superior the the world. The lonely feeling I had felt my entire life was replaced with a reason. Him. Us.  I had a reason and it was the perfect stranger in front of me. I smiled. I smiled brighter than I ever have. I was so happy. I was convinced that nothing could stop this. 

"Who are you?" I asked when my breath finally found my throat. I was still in his embrace, but different. He was not holding me up from falling...he was holding me to him. I was sure he was going to brush his lips against my face at how close he had nuzzled me to him. 

safe 

"Roman?" My eyes widened as I threw myself away from him and my bubble was burst. I turned to Cali who was looking at us in confusion.

"Cali." He spoke. His voice gave me shivers. He radiated power far beyond Jesse. He was an alpha. His aura screamed it. My wolf rose with power and she began to walk back and forth in excitement 

he is ours. 

She ran to him and wrapped her arms around him all the while he stared at me. My wolf whined at their interaction. I needed to leave. I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. My body felt extremely useless and my knees felt like jelly. My head was spinning like I couldn't find the oxygen to breathe, like he was my oxygen. I felt the hair on my body raise but this was not in defense this was in rage. 

get her away from him!

"Kara, this is my boyfriend Roman. Roman this is my sister." Roman looked to her then Jesse and frowned before staring at me.

Hers? Her boyfriend? I growled lowly. I knew Cali didn't hear it because she was still standing there with her hands on him. And what hurt most is that he let her. At the same moment he stepped away. Turning to Jesse. 

"I..." I looked behind them at Jesse who was watching me with a pitiful expression. "Huh." I said waving while I looked down at the ground.

"Kare, are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." Cali said laughing awkwardly.

"I feel sick." I admitted clutching my chest. "I need....Blake." I nodded. "I'll be back." I mumbled walking away from them.

"Wait!" He was calling me but I couldn't. I ran to my car and drove away as fast as I can; I wanted as much distance as I could get from that place.

Hello?

"I found my mate." I said sobbing.

Keri? What's wrong?

"He's with Cali. He's her boyfriend." I parked the car and sobbed against the wheel feeling my heart break. He didn't even act like I would have a chance. He just sat and watched me fumble over my feelings. He chose her over me like everyone always does.