Alpha Female

I felt rejuvenated when I woke up. Today was going to be the day...or so I thought. 

"Ugh!" I moaned into the toilet boil as Roman held my hair away from my sticky, sweaty face, tying it into a lopsided elastic. I felt one of my curls plop down on my face making me cringe at the heat of the heat. I moaned in frustration, "I hate this part," I declared. He rubbed my back in circles, kissing my head- immediately lifting my mood, "I know Cara Mi, in time it will be over and our Alpha baby will be here."
I rolled my eyes knowing it wouldn't be soon after I had this one that he would be trying to put another one of his seeds in me. I thought he would want his first born a son, but no. My Roman, my sweet man wants a little me. I smiled up at him through my disgusting wave of morning sickness and allowed him to raise me to my feet. He had a cool shower for me already running and I smiled in delight; my thoughtful love.
I sat against the tile, thankful I would be meeting with the witch doctor from our neighboring pack who specializes in pregnancy symptoms for fighting moms. It is a very rare occasion that a female wolf fights- let alone while carrying just due to the respect our tribe and men have for women in children, but for the women who refuse to sit idle, or who cannot- we have aids to blind the symptoms.
I smiled to the idea of no more morning sickness.
My handmaid Lucille was rounding the corner with my towel when I saw it under the bed. It's a part of pregnancy. I have my eyes and my babies. I barely say the black corner but I did. Curiosity got the better of me. I walked right out of Lucille's grip and walked to the bed bending over.

"Luna- Luna. I can get it, let me!" She insisted. I stood as she retrieved it. She looked hesitant. "Oh Luna. I don't think we should"-

"No!" I turned to see Roman, beat root red looking as if he had seen a ghost. "Don't. Open. It" he ordered in the darkest tone I had ever heard him use. Lucille whimpered, turned on her heel to his direction, never looking him in the eye, as she returned the box and scurried away.

"Roman!" I said after watching her departure. "She's terrified of you as is!"

"I just couldn't have her be the one to show you this," he opened the box. I looked at the ring for all of a second before I found his eyes.

"Unless you're doing it, close that" I said seriously. He eyed me, unmoving.
"I'm serious, because if I get excited and this isn't my moment, I'll never get it back"

"I love you-

"Oh my god. You're doing it!" I cried looking at him in pure amazement. 

"Kara, my mate. My love." he took a breath before continuing, "I've wanted to do this since the moment I saw you, but I knew you deserved better. You deserved to know me...to know my good and bad. You deserved to make your own decision...to finally feel in control of something in your life, because I know that you haven't in the past. I promise with me, you will never feel like you are being controlled. I need your voice in my life, I need to hear you, and to know what you're thinking and feeling. You are a part of me. I yearn for your closeness when you're away. I need your touch when it's been too long. My wolf literally cries, cries- for you...all day, from the moment I turn to walk away from you. You...you are my life." he looked into my eyes. I blinked and felt the wetness of tears begin to drench my face, making feel all of five years old and vulnerable. I swiped the tears of pure joy that had escaped, and smiled down at him. 

"Will you marry me? Will you be...my forever love?" The question left his lips and I felt the breath and air leave my lungs; I was completely submerged in feelings. I could feel nothing else, no breath, no air, no...Earth. I was completely inside of my own head, thinking but not thinking of anything...wondering....hoping. Oh god! Say something. I blinked at him, and blinked again. I thought of my family, my responsibilities, Cali-