Broken Hart

I woke up in my room next door to Roman's room and smiled. I was happy and excited. Today I would be meeting Rachel for lunch. I missed her. I didn't even see her on my visit to the academy, turns out she had taken a "sick day". She was really shopping. I hopped out of bed and went to my suitcase to find something to wear. I decided on a silky, black blouse and a pair of light wash jeans and a pair of strappy, black wedges. I kept my make up to a minimum and tied my hair in a top knot before sliding on a pair of sunglasses on top. I opened my door to walk out when I came face to face with a red head girl the size of a large dog.

"Hi!" she said smiling up at me with her snaggle-tooth.

"Hello there." I said looking at her in amazement.

"I'm Rose!" she said hugging my legs. "And you're my brother's mate. You're the Luna."

"I didn't even know Roman had a sister." I said honestly. "But I am pleased to meet you, Rose."

"Yeah but uh Roman wanted me to tell you that he's waiting for you in his room." she said blushing.

"Well, I guess I'm going to his room." I said following her out of the door.

"My brother hasn't been happy in a long time. He pretends but...his smiles always stop at his lips, but with you, he smiles in his eyes." She stopped and looked at him. "Please don't ever leave him. He won't move on like he did with Reb"-

"Rose." I turned to the door and saw a frazzled Roman looking at his little sister in outrage. She blushed like she had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar but nonetheless she hugged his legs and mumbled and apology before running off.

"She talks too much sometimes." he explained with a angry expression on his face.

"Hey." I said wrapping my arms around his neck. "It's okay. I don't need to know anything you're not ready to tell me. Kay?" he picked me up and pressed his lips to my own.

"Okay." he sat me down and closed the door behind us before looking at my entire body. "I like your outfit. You look beautiful."

"Thanks," I said blushing. I was regretting wearing my hair up because now I couldn't use it to shield this god awful habit.

"I like your blush." he said touching my cheek. "I wanted to ask you something." he said seriously.

"Shoot."

"Can I take you out on a date?" he asked with the confidence of the wolf inside him.

***

"So tell me about this hot boyfriend." Rachel said dipping her french fries in her ketchup. I laughed as I stole a fry off of her plate.

"He's amazing Rach. He's caring and thoughtful, he's protective and sweet and he cares for everyone and he's...he's perfect."

"Sounds like you." she said smiling. "I'm so glad you're so happy." she said honestly. "But did you talk to the demon seed?" she asked frowning.

"No I have not talked to Cali or my mother, who took Cali's side. I've talked to my dad though. He's understanding."

"So they know you live with him?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

"No. I said I've been staying with Rave." I admitted.

"Why?"

"I'm not 18 yet." I reminded her. "If they want me to come home, they legally can make me."

"That's true. I forget sometimes, you're so mature." she said pouting. "How is it living with him?"

"It's not just us two. There's many people who live there. It's like a manor with servants and"-

"He's loaded?" she asked with oggling eyeballs.

"Well, he comes from a good family." I tried to clean the story. She pulled out her phone.

"What's his full name?" she asked typing at her screen.

"Roman Grey." I answered looking at her blankly.

"The Roman Grey?" she asked almost dropping her phone in her ketchup. "Son of Christos? Christos as in the inventor of Christols, the lightless shoe brand, and the microchip that runs in all apple products? Roman himself scored a perfect 36 on his ACT and has an IQ better than Steve Hawking and Einstein, I tried to think of what they drink in their household to make them so...smart but it was like coming up with A theories when I watch Pretty Little Liars." I laughed at her joke.

"I don't really care about all that. I just care about him." I said honestly.

"But the real tragedy was what happened to that girl." she said all of a sudden.

"What?"

"Huh?" she asked looking up from her screen.

"You said something about a girl. What girl?" I asked.

"Oh! His girlfriend at the time or something, they went camping at his family's lake house in Boulder, and apparently while he was getting firewood, she was mauled by a bear. He thought she walked off and got lost but a few hikers found her body scattered around the campsite a few hours after she went missing. They called the cops then someone called the media. This was about three or two years ago." she explained and I felt my heart drop for Roman. He witnessed his girlfriend being mauled to death by what I no doubt know was rogues. No wonder he flipped when I was attacked.

"Do you know her name?" I asked after a while.

"Uh, it's here." she said clicking something. "Rebecca, Rebecca Hart."