You.

I gasped looking into his eyes. I pushed his chest away as I caught my breath. "What did you do?" I accused.
His happy and pleased expression faltered and he gave me a hurt expression.

"This deepened our bond, Roman. How am I gonna stand to be around you. I...I'm not ready yet. I wanted to wait. Not forever, but a little bit longer. I can't believe this. You marked me. You fucking marked me."

"Yes I fucking did." He said sarcastically. "Because I wanted to. Look, we don't have to move on but you are mine. You like to run, I need to make sure when you're gone, you'll come back. Me marking you, was my insurance policy."

I felt a surge of pain strike through me. "And that is all there is to it, I suppose!" I snapped jumping off of the table. "I thought when I got marked by my mate, I'd be told an 'I love you' and it would be romantic! Not a damn insurance policy!" He seemed to have known his mistake. He stepped toward me but I stepped away.

"No." I growled turning from him and running up the stairs. I went to my room and closed my door tucking myself away into the covers as I felt myself contort into a mixture of confused emotions.

My heart went to Blake. I wanted to talk to Blake.

I needed to talk to Roman. I need to make him my person.

I lay in bed trying to think things over in Roman's perspective. He wasn't wrong to want to mark me. I would if the roles were reversed. I wasnt upset that he marked me. I was shocked but his reasoning made me feel less of a mate and more of a chore. I threw the covers back and stood marching into his room.

"Look," he snapped his body toward me and I took in his naked body with a loosely wrapped towel on his lower extremity. A gasp left my mouth as I let my eyes zero in on his chiselled abdomen and his defined V lines. I bit my lip.
He growled lowly.

"I uh. I'm uh-" I flamed and looked at my feet. "I'm sorry." I said lamely. "I just felt that you thought marking me wasn't because you wanted me to be yours, you did it because you wanted to keep a lock on me."

He threw the towel down and slid on some sweat pants. He walked toward me and lifted my chin. "I've been waiting on that moment for a lifetime baby. I didn't mean for it to come out that way. We're both new at this. I'm confused. I say something and you get all worked up, and I end up apologizing. But I don't mind. You're sensitive. I'm not. It's a balance. We'll mesh." I smiled at him and nodded. He put his lips over my mark and kissed it lightly causing me to sway slightly.

"Sleep with me tonight?" He asked nibbling on me ear. I nodded into him. He smiled against my skin and lifted me up on his and led us to the bed. He laid across from me and smiled. "Come here." He moaned. I followed his direction and found my way to his arms. He found comfort in fingering my hair loosely. I was near slumber when he mumbled into me

"I do love you, Kara. So much."

***

"What did you say?" Rave asked with her eyes glowing in anticipation.

"Nothing." I said frightened. "I said nothing. I pretended to be asleep. You think he noticed?"

She tilted her head and fake snored. "Oh get up!" I scoffed smacking her head.

"Oh sorry Kara," she said dramatically. "Did you notice?"

"Of course I did. You jackass, I'm a wolf."

She deadplanned. "Then of course he noticed you idiot!"

I bit my lip. "Oh god. He is going to hate me. I don't think it was meant for me to hear. Not yet anyway."

"Well either way you did. And the guy puts up with you. He marked you. He obviously wants you."

"You think?" I asked nervously.

She nodded. "You have no choice but to love your mate. They're your other half.'

"You're right." I said standing. She grabbed my wrist.

"Where are you going?" She demanded. I frowned.

"To tell Roman I love him." She stood frantic.

"No you're not! You missed that flight! Now you gotta wait for the next one. What if he didn't mean for you to hear him? You'll catch him completely off guard!"

"But you just said to tell him!" I argued.

"Tell who what?" I jumped when I felt Roman wrap his arms around my waist and kiss my mark.

"Good morning baby."

"Good morning Roman."

"Good morning Alpha." Rave said as she excused herself. 'Save me' I mouthed as she walked away chuckling.

"Tell who what?" He asked again. I flicked his nose.

"You are persistent." I said smiling.

He wrinkled his nose. "Stop that. I am. Now tell me."

"What are we doing today?" I asked looking at him through my eyelashes.

"Apparently we are changing the subject." He said nodding.

"We are." I said hugging him.

"Well, you get to formally meet everyone. You were shy recently but it's been a while. You need to meet the pack as my mate, and their Luna. This is your life now. You need to accept it and learn it. So today, you start training both in human and wolf form."

"That sounds like change. I hate change." I frowned.

"You're not a kid anymore. You're the Luna. The gods and goddesses wouldn't have paired you with me if you weren't capable of ruling with me. They don't make mistakes. You can do this. Besides, today you'll do easy things, like etiquette, dancing, and arithmetic. Later on you'll stretch your endurance capacity times one hundred of what you're used to. And after that, you'll learn to shift in an instant. No more of that five minute clothes off , clothes on bull."

"Is it true that I'll have an element?"

He smiled down at me. "Did your research?" I nodded.

"Yes. My mother's element was air. She could create strong winds, or tornados with the speed of a thousand gods."

"What is your element?"

He smiled. "You." He said matter of factly. "I find that when you find yours.'

"Which will be?"

He flamed and his dimple appeared in his cheek. "After the mating process is complete."

"What exactly is the entire mating process?"

"You never had the talk?" He asked shocked.

"No. My parents are human...and Rave wasn't always around."

He blushed. "Um, well"

"Come on Alpha, just tell me." I teased. His grip on the counter grew stronger and his eyes darkened.

"When we make love. The mating process will be complete."

The air became thick at the huskiness of his voice. The arousal was in the air.

"Oh."