2 🔫

Porsche

What did I just hear?

I increased the volume of the speaker but Kinn didn't say anything again. I was sure I heard him mention Khun Kittisiwasd.

And that is my surname? How the hell did Kinn know my father and what did he do to him?

Or maybe it was a coincidence. I wiped my face and left the table. My heart sank when I thought about this deeply. I didn't want to believe that I fell in love with the man who had something to do with my father's death.

I lost my father to an accident. I was young to understand the kind of business he did but I knew he always provided food and shelter for me and Porchay. Not until he died, did I realize the sacrifices he made to keep his children happy.

I had long buried his memories in my heart but hearing his name suddenly made me begin to recall the last moments before the dreaded call that informed me that he had gotten into an accident.

My whole life turned upside down after that day. I didn't even mourn him properly because I was desperately angry at the world for taking my father.

No one would get it. In a world where we are forced to suck it up and continue living, I tried to. I guessed I survived.

I found love and got married to the most amazing man. I glanced at our photo on the wall. There was another painting of Kinn serving me a freshly prepared champagne.

I blinked hard. The time was ticking just the same way my heart was pounding. I didn't want to lose this. I couldn't afford to go back to the streets. Kinn and I have build the greatest legacy in the mafia world. It would be ridiculous of me to turn my back on him at the peak of his life.

I strode to the bathroom, took off my pajamas and took a cool shower. I felt the cool sensation of water drip from my hair down my back. It was relaxing for a while.

I stepped back to the room wearing a small boxer, I laid on the bed. I had barely rested my head on the pillow, when the door to the room swung open.

"Who wants to see me?" Kinn yelled. He sounded really tired.

"A business partner. He just landed from South Korea." Ken replied.

"Well tell him to reschedule his visit. I'm a married man too. What the..." Kinn​​ banged the room door and locked it.

I turned and watched him walk to the dressing table at the corner. He took off his watch, and necklace. He began to unbutton his shirt, when his eyes met mine.

"Hey welcome," I greeted in a soft voice.

"You awake?" Kinn said looking genuinely surprised. He marched towards the bed, then he bent down leaning close to my face and placed a kiss on my lips.

"Did you wait for too long?"

"No," I lied. Then covered it up with a smile.

"I had a rough day," Kinn said as he unbuttoned his long sleeve shirt and peeled the fabric off his skin.

I adjusted my body on the bed and watched Kinn. Aside from looking hot while shirtless, my eyes trailed to the bulge in his pant. It was distracting.

"Unlike you Porsche, why are you still awake?"

I shrugged.

Kinn reached for the cup of juice on the table. He gulped down. He licked his wet lips and eyed me. "Don't worry I know what you need. Just give me a second." he placed the cup on the table and walked to the bathroom.

I rolled to my side pondering whether to confront Kinn about the issue or just let it go. A part of me wanted to know, another side wanted to believe Kinn to be innocent.

Kinn soon returned to the room, looking refreshed and cleaner. He walked straight to my side and laid beside me, even if there was enough space on the other end.

He cuddled into my arms and buried his face in my neck. "I missed this." he whispered. His lips traced my jaw till he connected with my lips.

He must have noticed I was been rigid with the kiss, almost pushing him away. He stared at me for a minute, reading my eyes, I tried to look away, then he moved behind me and laid on the bed.

"Porsche what's wrong?" He asked.

I bit my tongue, feeling bad that I pushed him away. "Is there something you need to tell me?"

Kinn turned. "What kind of things? I've never hidden anything from you. Why suddenly acting cold on me?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but I couldn't find the right words. "Okay. Forget about it. Goodnight."

.............

Kinn

Goodnight?

Porsche turned his back on me, not minding how exhausted I was. I had one of the roughest day, and I come home to this. What is gotten to Porsche? I provide everything he wanted and make sure he is comfortable.

He knew all my businesses, all the shady  and the legal deals. My head spinned in confusion as I watched him. I didn't want to bother him in his current situation. He must be really angry about something.

But what could it be?

I placed my hand on his arm. "Porsche, talk to me."

I was relieved when Porsche turned around and faced me. "Kinn, we never hide anything from each other, right?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"I don't want to find a reason to doubt you, that's all."

I glared at Porsche's eyes. "You have no reason for that."

"How was your day? Did you have dinner yet?"

I nodded. "I ate at a restaurant. What about you?"

"I'm fine. Is the casino case cleared now?"

I shrugged. "Um yes."

The night was heavy. There was no late jokes, or happy cuddles from Porsche. The look of his cute face was a little bit serious than normal.

His eyes beckoned to me but I didn't want to upset him further.

"It's okay honey," he finally said, reaching out to hold me. "I just had a bad memory of someone."

I scooted closer and fell into his arms. I rested my head on his chest, hearing the incessant beat of his heart. I longed to make love to him but it seemed it wouldn't be happening tonight.

I hoped whatever was bothering him would disappear by morning.