3 🔫

Porsche

It was the weekend. The mansion was bustling with life.

Tankhun and his bodyguards were at the man cave binge watching some Y themed Series.

Kinn had gone down to the shooting range. I told him I would be joining him later after I seen khun Korn.

I felt a little better and decided to go hang out with Khun Korn in his quarters. I met the other bodyguards training in the gym house. It reminded me of my early days as a bodyguard. I encouraged them to keep fighting as the future is always brighter.

I met khun Korn sitting by the pool. It seemed I was late to play chess because Chan had taken position already. They were chatting and laughing when I walked in.

Khun Korn looked stronger and full of life.

"Sawadee krub, paa," I greeted.

"How are you Porsche?"

"I'm good. Hope you're doing well today?"

"Oh well, as you can see. Kinn doesn't let me handle any business anymore. Says I might hurt myself."

I laughed. "He's right though."

We spent the hour laughing and cracking jokes until I recalled I had to be at the shooting range with Kinn.

"I need to check on Kinn," I said. I stepped out of the pool area and paused when Chan spoke. "He reminds me of Kittisawasd..."

"Why? Kittisawasd had no kids."

Chan inhaled. "He had kids, but he hid them away from the public eye."

"So what are you saying?"

"A background check on Porsche revealed that he might be the son of Kittisawasd."

"Do you think he knows?"

"I'm not sure. It's been almost five years."

My breathing ceased as I heard their discussion. So it was true. This family knew my father and even had something to do with his death.

I stormed out of the quarters and headed to the top floor of the mansion, somewhere private where I would reminisce on my bad decisions and actions, on how everything suddenly turned against me.

I stared at of the huge glass windows, looking into the city below. I couldn't get myself to accept what I just heard. I wanted to believe Kinn was innocent and probably had no idea who Kittisawasd was, but hearing khun Korn mention his name hit the nail on the head.

I sucked in dry air and sronped my foot on the floor. Just then I heard footsteps.

"Big told me you were here," I heard Kinn's voice. I didn't turn. I didn't want to look at him. My heart burned with anger.

He was close. I could perceive his scent. I felt him wanting to wrap his arms around me, but I pushed him away. I was torn.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I'm just thinking, people who are in love shouldn't lie to each other."

Kinn twitched his jaw and looked away.

"But I think I'm so stupid to be fooled by you since the beginning."

"What are you talking about Porsche? Is it because of last night?"

I finally summoned courage to face Kinn. "Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about?" my voice was a pitch higher than normal.

Kinn was shocked at my reaction. I could read his eyes. He had never seen me this mad in our years of marriage.