16 🔫

Porsche

Wearing just a swimming trunk and and eye goggle I dived into the pool, head first. After swimming three laps, I rested on the edge of the pool and tried to focus on just swimming but my mind kept wavering from one event to another. I swung from a depressed mood to anxiety mode between intervals.

I stayed put trying hard not to overthink anything when I heard Chay's voice. I turned to see him standing behind me. I didn't even know when he walked all the way to my side.

"Chay?" worry lined my wet face.

He squatted down and glared at me. "I know you're worried about me."

"No Chay, I..."

"Kim told me so I know what you're thinking."

I couldn't argue anymore. I pursed my lips and looked away.

"You've always been a strong person that I look up to. I'm sure you will overcome this one too."

A smile brightened my face. Those words warmed my heart and in seconds the raging storm going on in my head seized. "Thank you Chay. Thank you for understanding."

Chay rests his palms on my shoulder, "You always advised me to study hard so my future will be better."

I nodded.

"I'm going to do exactly that. So I can take care of you the way you have done for me. So be strong na."

I nodded again and smiled. "Thank you Chay."

"Come on, let's have breakfast together."

I nodded. "I will join in a minute."

Watching Chay leave the pool area was like someone just refilled a liter of strength into my system.

I lifted my body out of the water and picked a towel to dry my body. My phone vibrated on the table. I squinted my eyes when I saw Kinn's name flash on the screen. Was he calling to know how I was doing? I hoped so.

I slid the screen. "Hello."

"Porsche?" his voice was throaty and deep.

"Yes, anything the matter? You sound drunk."

"That's because I am drunk..."

"Kinn are you okay?"

"Okay?" He let out a light chuckle but he still sounded annoyed and for the love of god I couldn't figure out what he annoyed about. What exactly was the problem?

"Can you talk to me in ways I can understand?" I said slowly.

"I only need answers."

"What answers?"

"Who... was Jack to you?"

I paused and inhaled. The cool water dripping down my toned abs from my wet hair, suddenly felt irritating. I wiped the towel on my chest and stared into space.

"Kinn..." the little strength I had managed to gather began to dissipated. I felt the bones in my legs begin to melt.

"I might be a business man, a husband but you do forget I'm also a mafia lord."

I rubbed my forehead and blinked again. Where the hell was I supposed to start defending myself with Jack. I couldn't even remember the details. My past was a mess. I knew I was vulnerable and miserable and he took advantage of me. I was just a kid.

The pictures were blurry in my mind, how would I know Jack would turn out to be a psychotic son of a bitch.

"We can talk about it when you come home, please Kinn." I begged.