8 🔫

Porsche

The sound of people cheering and jeering in the casino filtered like white noise in my head. I had stepped back into the VIP section of the casino to make a mental assessment of my entire life.

My past seemed like a blur at this point. I hated every bit of it. The fact that I paid no attention to my own family made me feel like a failure. Now Jack was using that weakness to taunt me.

Questions robed my mind and I needed answers.

Why would Jack have a picture of my father? Is he insane?

What kind of business did Kinn have with Jack in the past?

Who among the two of them is responsible for my father's demise?

Jack or Kinn?

I swallowed the chilled dark rum on the rocks and slammed the glass on the table. The half melted ice clunked in the cup. It was the fourth cup. The rum bottle sitting in the middle of the table was half empty.

My eyes were droopy. I was getting saturated, I could feel it. I recalled Kinn had warned me not to get drunk alone in public. He was afraid I would get into trouble or do something stupid.

But today was an exception.

I was alone. I was vulnerable. I let my emotions becloud my sense of judgment. I filled the cup again.

Arm walked in with a phone in his hand. He stood beside me. "Khun Kinn wants to speak with you, he says you are not picking up his calls."

"Just tell him I'm fine," I blurted with a sigh

Arm was still standing there. "He wants to know when you will be coming home."

"Soon." I waved my hand at Arm to leave.

I could spend the night drinking myself to death or I could just go home and have a talk with Kinn. I was trying to choose which was a worse fate.

"Prepare the car. I think I had enough for a night." I didn't know how much the rum had in my system until I stood up. I staggered back a bit and managed to hold my stance. The room seemed to spin one eight degrees and back. I wiped my eyes as I made my way to the outside the building.

Arm held the door to the backseat as I entered I sat down. I loosed my tie and unbuttoned my suit. On a second thought I took of the suit and leaned my head on the chair. I stared out the window as the car rolled into the highway.

"Arm? How much of Kinn's deals in the past do you know?" I asked Arm as he drove me back home in my Maserati car.

"Khun Porsche, we the bodyguards have a code we live by. Sorry I can reveal details of past dealings. We don't really talk about that..."

I sighed and rolled my eyes.
"I need to know some things."

Arm breathed and gripped the steering wheel.
"Things like what Khun Porsche?"

"My family."

"Is it about your brother Porchay?"

"Yes. And my parents."

Arm paused for a second. He made a turn  at the junction and looked out of the window in thought. I know I was intruding in the bodyguard ethics and code. But I needed answers.

"Khun Kinn has eyes and ears everywhere. Once a deal is done. The chapter closes," Arm said.

I leaned closer to the front seat. "Do you think Kinn is hiding something from me?"

"Um no. I think we are all happy and relieved that he finally got to settle down with you. Khun Kinn had many bad luck in relationships. You changed everything about him."