14 🔫

Porsche

Speechless was an understatement.
I looked at Pa and back to Kinn again. Was this a fair decision? As I reeled my head on the future benefits of this ring, my heart kept skipping a beat.

I couldn't begin to mention the access and prestige that came with wearing that priceless ring.

"Pa..." I swallowed. "Can I say something?"

"Go ahead." Pa said. He relaxed on his seat and listened.

"First of all I'm grateful for taking your time to think about my well being. Seriously I am not sure how I feel about accepting..." I paused when Pa laughed. He glanced at Chan who also smiled.

"It's my first time giving you a gift. And sorry it happened in a way you didn't expect."

I bit my lower lip in frustration. I Love Kinn not because of his wealth or because he is a mafia. I just love loving him with my whole heart. Taking this ring felt like I'm about to betray him.

"And for your information, once the ring is out it rest on the index finger of right hand." Khun Korn said.

Chan picked the ring case and passed it to Kinn. Without hesitation he picked the priceless ring, and held my right hand.

"With this ring I thee wed..." Kinn joked. He smiled warmly.

I blushed real hard hearing those words again. I bowed my head not wanting to witness any more surprise event. "Stop Kinn, it's not out wedding."

"But it looks like it," Kinn said.

I gave up trying to convince Kinn. He slid the ring in my finger. "Welcome to the family. Our love and bond is for life Porsche."

I glared at the rare gem resting in the lower end of my index finger. Lacking words I fell into Kinn's arms. I am a talkative but I've never felt so dumbfounded in my entire life. I've not only gained a good man, a lover and a husband, I also earned me a family. A great family.

............

Kinn

"You didn't expect that gift?" I asked when we retired to our bedroom. Porsche was standing beside the window and looking into the skies.

Porsche remained quiet. I walked up to him and tapped his back. He turned and blinked. "Kinn, I'm still overwhelmed,"

I walked to the window and stood by his side. "You shouldn't be. Pa can be unpredictable a times."

"But what do you think about this. He was supposed to ask you for your opinion before..."

I held Porsche's hands, and planted a long, heartwarming kiss on our wedding ring finger. "Today marks the beginning of another phase in our relationship, I'm not assuring you it will be smooth sailing, are you ready to take that step with me?"

Porsche took a deep breath and glared at me. I could only imagine what was running through his head.

"Porsche are you ready?" I asked again.

"Yes I am."

"That's all I need to know." I hugged Porsche one more time, until he totally relaxed in my embrace. The tension in his muscles all melted away.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

We retired to bed late after taking a shower together. It had been a long day full of surprises I forgot we had work tomorrow.

Lying his head on my chest while I scooped him closer to my body was so therapeutic for me. My hands caressed Porsche's naked body, tracing the soft contours of his side.

The quietness was what we needed for the night. We soon fell asleep in each other's arms.

As early as 8am, I was awake, already showered, buttoning my long sleeved white shirt, wondering why Ken wasn't here to get me a download on the casino eventory for the past one month.

I needed to know how much we were making, the profit and losses so far. The four casino's were becoming a burden and the younger generation were losing interest in gambling. I had plans to sell one of the casino building and direct the investment  to tourism instead.

Ken had made estimates on the building and sent out flyers for potential buyers over the weekend.

His phone was on voicemail and he hadn't reported to his duties either.

Wearing a red suede fitted trouser and a white shirt, I picked a maroon bow tie from my collections. I was fixing it around the collar of my shirt when the door swung open.

"Kinn," Porsche walked in. "a strange parcel arrived."

"What sort of parcel, has it been scrutinized by the security."

Porsche nodded. "There's a greeting card that says happy bloody anniversary."

My eyes widened. "Did you open it?"

"No. But I have a bad feeling about it."

I followed Porsche out of the bedroom and jogged down the stairs. I saw Big standing close to the square box.

"Khun Kinn, the box contain ice blocks, not sure why." Big said immediately he saw me.

"Open it," I ordered.

Big quickly unboxed the parcel. Carefully opening the final compartment, he jerked back when  he saw the unusual gift.

I walked closer and peeked into the box. Inside laid the chopped off  left hand of a man, with a watch still attached to the wrist.

"Ken?" Big pointed covering his nose. "That's Ken's wristwatch."

"Who is responsible for this?" I yelled.

"It can only be Jack." Big twitched his jaw as he covered the box, as rhe cadaver stench was becoming unbearable.

I breathed deeply trying hard to suppress my emotions. Whatever psychopath succeeded in chopping off Ken's wrist this way, must be brutally punished. The torture Ken must have passed through could only be imagined. As a body guard of the Therapanyakul, his family must be compensated for the loss.

I turned to Porsche. "Stay home and secure the family. Jack is biting more than he can chew."

Porsche agreed without arguing. He understood the situation.

Porsche held my hand. "If you need my help just let me know, Kinn." His eyes glittered.

I smiled, "thank you."

Heading out the door, I planned a befitting revenge for Jack.