18 🔫

Porsche

I woke up early. And left the room quietly while Chay was still asleep. Tapping the screen of my phone I realized the battery had ran out. The day was still fresh, and the bodyguards were up and busy.

I walked to our penthouse. Kinn's car was not parked anywhere. That meant he hadn't returned home yet. I didn't let it bother me. I had reached the front door when I heard my name.

"Khun Porsche?"

I turned to see Bas and Pol walking towards me looking excited and worried at the same time.

"Khun Porsche, where have you been?" Bas said panting. "We thought something happened to you, oh my god," Bas wiped sweat off his forehead. "Khun Kinn would have killed me if anything happened to you." Bas muttered but I heard him clearly.

"Um..."

"We have been searching everywhere for you, and your phone is switched off," Pol said.

"Why? I'm fine. I was in..."

"Pa is asking to eat breakfast with him," Bas cut in. "You missed dinner, you can't miss breakfast too please."

"And what happened to your phone?" Pol asked worried.

"Oh that, it has low battery."

Pol gasped. "Let me plug it for you."

I handed Pol my phone and he dashed inside to plug it.

Bas grabbed my arm and gently pulled me back toward the mansion. "Pa is waiting. Please go stay with him."

I had a feeling Kinn sent him. We walked to the dining room. Before I took my seat, I asked, "Is Kinn back?"

Pol looked away, he pretended he was taking a phone call and strode away. I glanced at Bas. He was making a face which told me he didn't want to say anything.

"Um... I..."

"Is he back? Just tell me."

"He said not to tell you about his movements, I'm sorry Khun Porsche." Bas stepped out.

I nodded. Nice one Kinn. I never expected the little problem to escalate so fast. Now the whole family are aware we're sort of keeping malice. I don't even know what to call this behavior.

"Good morning PA," I greeted.

Pa looked at me from the table. "How are you?"

"Fine."

"How's Kinn? Is he joining us?"

I shook my head. "He had a late night meeting."

Pa dropped his fork and stared at me. "You don't have to cover for him. I know he didn't return home last night." Pa scooped custard into his mouth and swallowed. "What's happening with the both of you?"

"Pa...is that obvious?"

He nodded at me. "The bodyguards even noticed the tension between you two."

I breathed deeply. Pa is experienced in relationships and marriage, maybe sharing a bit of my issues with him can bring relief. "Kinn thinks I'm unfaithful."

Pa suddenly burst into laughter. Then he shook his head. "So he's sulking?"

I nodded.

"Is this not how he runs his business? As a kid he used to be very protective of his toys. He also showed that level of care for his past lovers. Until they betrayed him."

Pa was right. Like the saying goes, once bitten twice shy. "But I'm not like that Pa."

"It's not your fault either. Kinn has to work on himself and forget the past. He loves deeply and got hurt easily. He is afraid of it happening again."