29 🔫

Porsche

Reaching ground below, I met a quiet, empty room filled with old boxes, guns, an old bed, and some pictures on a table. I slowly looked around and tiptoed to the table.

Crumbled receipts, papers, old newspaper clippings littered the surface of the table. I reached my hand and took a photo. Several photos of former mafia lord, most of which were dead.

I picked one photo that was stuck in a magazine. It was old and half torn. Behind it was written 'targeted'. Glancing in front was the photo of my parents, both my mom and dad. That phot was taken a year after Chay turned nine. I could remember mother coming down the stairs wearing the blue fashion dress father had bought for her.

Father wore his wedding suit and a papa's cap to match. Recalling the joy of that day brought tears to my eyes.

Could it be that it was Jack who was contracted to take down my parents and framed it as an accident? Trying to put the dots together in my head, I heard a click.

Then I felt the nozzle of a gun graze the back of my neck. The photo dropped from my fingers and I slowly raised my hands up.

"I knew you would come," the voice said.

"What is my father's photo doing in your possession?"

"Oh that, I love to collect souvenirs after a job well done. Why?"

I blinked back tears.
"You destroyed my family Jack."

"It was a job. Don't take it too seriously,"  Jack chuckled. He poked the gun hard on my neck. "You have to cooperate with me this time or else you won't leave this place alive."

"What do you want?" I whispered trying hard to suppress my anger.

"As you can tell, the police are on my neck, I am moving cargoes past the Thai boundary, I'm not sure where it's headed yet."

"What does that have to do with me?"

"You're coming with me. Let me give you a better life. Let's rule the mafia world from Italy to Colombia and Russia. Why do you choose to remain in Thailand and be a servant?"

"Because I'm loyal," I retorted and showed him my index finger where the ring of the major family rested. "Loyalty is something you're not familiar with, I guess."

"You want to give your life away because of that piece of rock. Because of Kinn?"

"I love Kinn."

"Shut up you never did. He used you Porsche. He broke you and took over your freaking life. Think about it. Kinn is a business man. He's going to abandon you when he's done milking you dry."

"He won't. Kinn has kept all his promises. I trust him."

"You're so sure huh?"

"I know because it's a fact. Unlike you, who have stooped so lox to kidnap innocent people. Kinn would never do that."

"I'm a business man, Porsche. We are trained to be brutal. No one cares what you feel."

"Let those people go. They have nothing to do with this."I said.

Jack laughed. "I have a million baht in exchange for their heads. So shut up!"

I turned faced Jack, fearlessly. "You fuckin asshole."

Jack pulled the gun away from my face.
"Follow me Porsche or I will eliminate those people one after the other, if you try anything stupid I will shoot. Now move."

I slowly walked to the ladder and climbed out back to the shed. 

"You need to let them go Jack," I retorted while gritting my teeth.