28 🔫

Porsche

I joined Vegas in his old jeep and we left town. In about an hour speed off along an old road, in the middle of a small forest around the old town in Phuket.

I have been here before. Years ago. It used to be a hideout for Boss' men. New recruits were sent here to train. There was an old bunker near the river, it housed about fifteen men. Its been years already. I'm not sure if the place was still useful. Or if they still trained gangs here.

Jack doesn't know much of Thai landscape. I'm sure here is the only place he could hide since he escaped from prison. Vegas reached the foot of the river and pulled the car to a stop.

"You go on with foot from here, there are security cameras hidden in the trees, one meter from here."

"Yes how did you know?" I asked.

Vegas smirked and eyed me. "I've been into this shit a long time ago." he said in English.

I dropped down, my waist and legs heavily armed. "I'm going. Remember to be alert once I send the signal."

"I gat you bro. Be careful."

I nodded. "Okay."

I headed down the bushy pathway until I arrived at the bunker. The area was empty. I pulled out my revolver as I stepped closer to the old building. It was deserted on the outside, broken bamboo chairs and table laid at a corner, the windows and doors were shut.

I went around the building, taking a peak at the cracks on the wooden window. When I reached the door, I pulled the door handle, but it was locked. I brought out a string I had purposely put in my pocket for this purpose and unlocked the door.

A stench of decaying wood, and rotten mushroom hit my nose. I walked into the old house turned into an abandoned cabin, my eyes darting from one corner to the other.

Firstly, I heard some shuffles, then I heard groans, an inner door was wide open and I quietly headed there. I took a peek and paused. There in the room were a group of locals, men and children tied up. Some had dozed off out of exhaustion and tiredness.

"Mister who are you? Are you with them?" one of the men asked. He was bald, both his hands and legs were tied with thick ropes.

I shook my head. "No. What are you doing here?"

"We were kidnapped from our farms and homes, they came with guns and took us all."

My eyes widened in shock. "What? Who did this?"

"We heard them call their leader Jack. This is only half of us. They already took the other half."

"Took them where?"

"I don't know."

My head reeled in confusion. What in hell is Jack up to? Kidnapping locals and shipping them off to slave work?

The others soon woke up and began to plead, the children crying too.

"Can you run, if I untie you?"

The older men nodded.

"It's risky to do this. But holdon I will call the police. Okay. Just calm down."

I checked my pockets for my phone. It was not in my trouser pockets. Not in anywhere.

Shit. I must have left it in Vegas jeep.

I have to go back and get it, because that was the only means to contact the police.

I had barely stepped out of the room when two trucks and a car noisily drove in front of the building. I had barely found a dark corner to hide when the door was burst open. I caught my breath as some men trooped in. I hid in a dark corner behind an old shelf.

"I told you I will get the watch!" It was Jack's voice. He yelled loudly like a demented dog. "This watch is a solid 75 thousand dollars. What a fortune!"

If he was talking about a buying a watch it means he was coming from an auction.

I peeked from the dark and watched him. He was surrounded by six men who were heavily armed.

He glanced at his the wristwatch hung on his left wrist." And yeah, those cargos in the room, I hope they're secure."

"Yes sir." one of the gang men replied. "Should we load them up?"

"Not yet. Give them a little time to rest, huh... By by 5pm. So it gets dark while we travel"
"Yes boss."

"There's beer in the truck. Have some, get trunk, you did a wonderful job for rescuing me. So enjoy."

"Yes boss."

The men said as they filed out through front door, happy about the mention of beer.

Jack headed forward until he got to the edge of the wall. He bent down and pulled a handle up, slowly he raised a door leading underground. Looking around to see if anyone seeing him, he climbed down a ladder leading under the basement.

I paused for a minute to give my next move a thought. If I could follow Jack, I will have him trapped in the basement. Looking left and right I trailed Jack, pulled the door to the basement and slowly stepped in.

This was definitely not part of the plan.

.............

Kinn

"Khun Kinn I thought I should tell you this. That is about how much I know."

I looked out of the window into the bright sky from one of my casino office. Even if the situation called for drastic measures I was enjoying watching the walls fall apart.

My inner men had taken up the call to the dirty work for me. How lucky. Pete called me and gave a brief talk about Vegas wanting to help Porsche fight Jack. Even if Vegas used to be a rival which I hated the thought, I trusted he would not think of hurting Porsche.

According to Pete, Vegas and Porsche already left town and headed to the mountains.

"You have done well Pete. Even if you left the main family to chase your dreams you never stopped being faithful."

"I've got this. All the documents containing the illegal transportation of drugs and other cargos are in this email I am sending to you.  There is bus scheduled to cross Thailand boundaries tonight."

"Is it Jack?" I asked.

"Yes. I have an insider digging into it now. There's a high possibility that Porsche will be among the cargos to be shipped tonight."

That was impossible. "Right now we haven't been able to track Porsche. I know he went to find Jack. Find his whereabouts and get back to me."

"Roger that sir. I'll have my man locate Vegas from his cell phone. The network seemed to fluctuate but once I get in contact with him I will send it to you."

I inhaled. "Okay. I will be putting an end to this shit show."

..............