32 🔫

Porsche

The blurry images of those people being tied up and sent into a ship roved my aching head. Where are they taking them to? I have to save them. I looked around for Kinn to help me but he was nowhere. Suddenly I felt alone in a desert and darkness began to engulf me.

My head spinned as I opened my eyes slowly. I felt like I just had a terrible nightmare and I needed to wake up fast.

Inhaling deeply I jerked awake, abruptly.

"Porsche are you okay?"

I turned to see Kinn standing by the window side. A pang of headache vibrated around my forehead.
"Kinn are those kids safe? Did you find them?" I asked, panicking.

Kinn moved to the bed and sat down. He moved strands of hair obstructing my eyes.

"Yes Porsche. They are safe now. You're panting, was it a bad dream?"

I nodded slightly. "I thought we lost them."

"No. The police rescued them. They were found abandoned at the shore."

Still not feeling convinced, I muttered. "And Jack? He shot Big..."

"I know. You won't be seeing Jack again, he is gone forever."

I swallowed and laid my head back on the pillow. Recalling the last moments with Big really hit me. I'm was glad Jack got what he deserved.

"Porsche, you were out of signal last night for over three hours, what went wrong?"

I glanced at Kinn as I recalled what happened. "I left my phone in Vegas car. It was already late when I found out."

"What did Jack want? What was he telling you in the car?"

"Kinn, he was trying to convince me to follow him to Russia."

Kinn twitched his jaw. "Did he mention any other mafia name?"

"No. But when he spoke on phone, he used English. Why?"

"Nothing to worry. The police is trying to gather information on Jack's men who have escaped."

I exhaled and relaxed. Looking around the hospital room, made me feel nauseated. "I want to go home."

"This is best hospital in town. They have the best modern facilities to make you better."

"I'm having nightmares here," I sighed.

Kinn smiled. "You fractured your arm and you needs twenty four hours care and treatment. So relax Porsche."

I looked at my right hand and realized it was tied in a sling. "Kinn..."

"I'm here babe."

"I think I'm going to have a nightmare if I sleep alone again."

Kinn's eyes widened. "Want me to sleep beside you?"

"Can you do that for me?" I pouted cutely

"Yes I will."

"You're not going to work?"

"I've been here two days already. You're my priority right now Porsche. Work can always wait."

"What about the others?"

"They miss you. Pol, Bas, Tankhun. I heard Chay is been crying. So get well soon and come home already."

"Awww."

The door swung open and the nurse walked in carrying a tray.

"Sawadee kha, khun Porsche. How are you this morning?" the nurse greeted and placed the tray on the side table.