6 🔫

Porsche

My heart kept beating faster. My palms was sweaty because I thought Kinn would react differently when he saw me. Maybe because we were in the hospital. I just had to prepare myself to meet Pa. I know he would not take it lightly if he hears I was the reason his son got shot.

Kinn squeezed my arms and looked into my eyes. "Don't be tensed, I am fine."

"What will you tell Pa?"

"Don't worry about what to tell him," Kinn breathed. "He shouldn't know the details. I don't think his heart will be able to take it again. We lost many people in the major family."

I sighed. "I feel so stupid right now. Why I ever doubted you."

"It's normal Porsche. I don't think anything can tear us apart. Do you believe that?"

I hesitated for a minute. It would be wrong for me to bring up my own issues at this time. That I haven't gotten the answers didn't mean I have stopped searching. Kinn could only go behind me and cover his tracks. But I prayed he wasn't as guilty as I thought.

I nodded slightly. "Mmm, I believe."

But I wouldn't forgive myself if anything happened to him. Him getting shot was just too dangerous. His safety was important now.

Kinn kissed the back of my hand and smile. "Can you help me pack my stuff, I am getting sick of staying in the hospital."

I nodded.

After getting everything ready, I called the guards to prepare the car.

We took the elevator for VIP and left the hospital. Arm and Pol helped Kinn into the car, while I put his bag the trunk of the car. I sat with Kinn in the backseat. Then Aem drove.

He took a special route different from the main highway for security reasons.

After we got home, the family nurse was contacted to start full treatment on Kinn. I helped cleaned his body with a towel and warm water to avoid injuring his wound.

I made some porridge for him and fed him. It was a bonding moment for us. After eating he laid down on our bed and slept peacefully.

Big tapped on the bedroom door and opened it.

"Khun Korn wants to speak with you."

"Is it because of Kinn?"

Big nodded.

"I will be right there. Give me some minutes."

"It's urgent Young Master. Khun Korn does not seem to be happy today."

"Fine." I followed Big out of the room and headed to Korn's quarter in the mansion. My heart thumped loudly as I wondered what Pa wanted to tell or ask me.

He probably heard I and Kinn had a misunderstanding about my father’s death.

I stepped into the front yard where he was busy with his pottery making and greeted. Chan was helping him with the work.

I greeted. "Pa you wanted to see me."

"Have a seat Porsche."

"Khrub."

I sat down confidently and faced Pa. I had never had him summon me this way since I married his son.

"Porsche, as you can see my son was shot. He will be on recovery for now."

"Yes Pa. I'm sorry I couldn't protect him everything happened so fast, and Kinn thought he had to protect me instead."

"I was wondering where Porsche the bodyguard was, when my son was getting shot."

"Pa..."

"Its okay. I didn't call you to talk about that." Khun Korn cleared his throat. "You will be in charge of the casino business for the time being, until Kinn recovers fully."

"I will do my best."

"You know how the family business runs. Go there thrice a week and see how our competitors are fairing, let's work out how to make more profits."

"Thank you Pa. While I work I hope you wouldn't even feel kinn's absence too much."

"Hes my son. The smartest in the bunch. I will rather he stays home with me, than get involved in hard mafia business. But we all know Kinn is stubborn."

"If this is your wish, I can talk to him. He will probably change his mind if he sees strong enough reasons to."

"Let him be. Duty calls."

I stood to my feet and bowed in respect. Thank you Pa."

I left the quarter and headed to prepare for work.

...................

Kinn

I stood at the balcony, shirtless, a bandage pasted on the left side of my abdomen. I held a glass filled with vodka. Big already told me Porsche was discussing with Pa. I knew it was to tell him to resume work at the casino.

While I hated been treated like a child and I hated been indoors because of my condition. I called Arm to give me a rundown on what was happening in the mafia world.

Since Jack entered Bangkok, there have been cases of shootout and looting from his men. He was beginning to relive the horrible life his late father led. Haunting young Thai boys and threatening them with blackmail just to fulfill his wishes.

I just hopes he plays those childish games away and keep off my territory.

The door swung open and Porsche walked in. He sighted me in the balcony and walked over.

"You're awake?" his pretty face was beaming with smiles.

"Yes." I nodded admiring him. Why he suddenly looked handsome this evening?

"Pa told you to work at the casinos?" I asked.

"Yes. He did. I will be replacing you until you get better." Porsche smiled revealing his sexy white dentures but I didn't find anything amusing.

When he starts going to the casino, one or two of those perverts who came to gamble their hard earned money would want to have a fling with him. I'm not sure how Porsche could hold.

He was just to pretty to ignore. And his charms was overpowering, even he doesn't know this. A pang of jealous hit me.

Then I took a sip of vodka and looked away, mentally calculating not been by his side during this period. It was a jungle out there.

"You are really excited about it. Do you even think of how I would cope without you all day."

Porsche walked toward me, and rubbed my arm warmly. "Its not like I will be spending all day there. Just a few hours of work and I will be back home. So relax."

I wasn't convinced. "Just don't go succumbing to anyone's wishes."

"You think I'm that loose?"

I eyed Porsche. "You're not a difficult person either. Most men are smart enough to see what I see. But you don't."

Porsche exhaled. "Wait, are you jealous or something?"

I gulped down the vodka and dropped the cup on a glass table. "If I don't express my jealousy then I really don't love you. Anyone who have you will be protective and obsessed with you. So yes I'm jealous. Get used to it." I rolled my eyes and looked away.

Porsche cupped my face and planted a kiss on my lips. "Awww... then get well soon so we can work together honey."

I pouted. I leaned in to kiss him again. It took a lot for me to reveal my true feelings. And every time I tried to hide it, Porsche always makes my heart melt just by him looking at me with those dovey eyes. 

I just hoped my fears about Porsche doesn’t become a reality.