Chapter II

Mattia Russo

I spin around in my black leather chair and look through the large glass window that covers the entire wall. I bring the cigar to my mouth and take a deep breath. I blow smoke into the air as I watch my son play in the backyard, the boy running across the manicured lawn of my property in Italy. He's five years old, a strong, smart kid, just as a gangster's son must be, raised to become the next Capo dei Capi, boss of bosses, just like me.

I heard a knock on the door

"Get In" I ordered.

I didn't even bother to turn around to see who was entering, I already knew

"Mattia, did you call me?"

"Yes, sit down!"

I turned to my interlocutor, my consigliere, Riccardo, he is the person who solves my bureaucratic cases.

"I want you to hire an escort for Enrico for the summer holidays, I need the person to be English to speak only in English with him. Besides, I want her to be young, but not these emancipated young women, I want her to be a responsible girl."

"Then you will have to find the girl in a convent, you will hardly find an English girl who is committed" Said Riccardo laughing.

"It's actually not a bad idea, get in touch with some convents, they probably have these nuns or novices, offer a good sum of money as a donation."

"Are you serious, Mattia?"

"Of course, I am!"

"But will you bring a nun to look after a mobster's son? Will she accept?"

"Of course, she will, they must have these orphans who have no choice, ask for one of these. Enrico will be at home for three months and during that time I want him to have the company of a different woman than the one he's used to."

"Are you talking about your mistresses and whores."

"Exactly, a nun will be perfect. Provide one."

"That's a good idea, at least you won't be able to take the girl to your bed" Riccardo laughed.

"You know that if I want to, I'll fuck even a nun, but somehow being religious won't appeal to me, which is good for Enrico, I don't want to fuck his nanny" I laughed out loud.

"I'll get in touch with Father Joseph, I'm sure he'll indicate a convent."

"Do it now, I want the nanny to be here next week. Arrange everything for her to come."

"Right! Anything else?

"No, now I'm going to one of my brothels... I need to chill a little bit"

"You need to remarry."

"Are you crazy, I already got rid of one wife, I don't want another.

"Your plan was perfect, you killed two rabbits in one box."

"Yes , I married Don Elliote's daughter, thus ensuring peace between the mafia families, I had a male child and then I killed the wife and made it look like a kidnapping, followed by murder and I still blamed Paolo, Dom Elliote's right-hand man. Perfetto!"

"Si , Si!"

"You know how I am, I wasn't born to tie myself to women, Clementina was getting my fucking patience with this loyalty thing. I sent her to hell."

"When you got married, I knew right away that she wouldn't last long with you."

"You know me, Riccardo, you know I hate impositions, but I was interested in negotiating with Dom Elliote, disputes between mafia families are never good for business. However, I had already planned the end of Clementina.