Chapter XII

Mattia Russo

Riccardo laughed, I looked at him seriously trying to see the joke. When he noticed my closed face he stopped laughing and said:

"Justice, Mattia? You don't even know what that word means."

"I know when it suits me" I said ironically.

"We're still cleaning up the mess you made last night."

"Fuck you! You get paid for this."

"Why did you kill the woman? What did she do?"

"Nothing, just wanted to kill someone after some fucked up shit."

"Are you crazy? Little nun is messing with you, huh!" he cackled.

"Ah! Shut up. No woman is capable of making me lose my mind. Once I've satiated my desire for her, she'll be just another one on my list."

"I know! I know! You're frustrated, just fuck the nun and end all this shit!

"Weren't you the one who told me to stop myself?"

"I just said Mattia, I knew this would never happen, I know your fame."

"Let's end this conversation, do as I say as soon as possible, I'm in the mood to cut off some members."

Riccardo got up laughing and we left my office together, still talking. As I pass through the main room, I hear the laughter of women and children. I also hear a male voice, I recognize it, it's Sergio's. I frowned, intrigued. Riccardo looked at me seriously. I walk towards the sound and soon I see them through the glass doors, Delilah, my son and Sergio sitting at one of the tables on the porch. The scene made me feel a feeling I never thought I'd feel before. My face transformed, my blood stirred, I looked at her who was smiling broadly as if she was having a lot of fun with what my head of security was saying.

I immediately closed my fist and saw everything red in front of me, anger took over me. She never smiles at me like that, however, she opens herself up to Sergio. Riccardo noticed my condition, tried to calm me down.

"Mattia, calm down, they're not doing anything big, you know Sergio likes to tell jokes."

"Leave me Riccardo, I'll kill him" I growled through clenched teeth.

He got in front of me and talks trying to stop me from passing.

"Don't do that in front of the nun, you'll lose all chances with her."

"Screw that!"

I pushed him out of my way. I strode to the porch. When they see me, everyone immediately stops laughing.

"Am I interrupting anything?" I asked ironically.

I looked directly at Delilah, she stared at me terrified, not showing a trace of the joy that just showed on her lips. Sergio, got up and Enrico ran into my lap.

"Papa!"

I take him in my lap, and he soon chatters.

"Sergio was telling us jokes."

"I see!"

"Join us, boss, Delilah has even put her rigid politeness aside and succumbed to my charm."

"Get out of here, Sergio." I said grunting like a caged animal.

Sergio, closed his expression and frowned, I was trying to control myself not to kill him in front of Delilah and Enrico, but if he stays one more minute here, I will end his race. Riccardo approached Sergio and whispered to him.