Chapter IV

Delilah

I gazed in amazement at the huge iron gates that opened automatically, I still hadn't assimilated that I was in Italy entering a world that I had never even in my dreams imagined about. Everything was extremely different, I travelled by plane for the first time,

I was scared, the man who accompanied me didn't say much, just what was necessary. He was terrifying to me, I had never been around someone like him in my entire life. He wore a suit, always had a frown and was tall. There were also a lot of people on the plane, I was looking wide-eyed at everyone.

I just arrived at the house of the people who called me, I had no idea who they were, the only member they told me about was the boy I will take care of, but I know nothing about his parents. However, when I saw the mansion in front of me, I already deduced that they are people with many possessions.

I have never seen a house as beautiful as this one, the front garden was well maintained, there was a beautiful fountain and a staircase that led to the entrance. The driver stopped in front and a man came to greet me. The car door was opened for me to get out. The man approached and asked politely.

"Miss Delilah?"

"Yes..."

The man looked surprised to see me, he looked at me strangely, frowned and ran his fingers through his hair. He was an old man, his hair was already grey, he seemed to be in his 40.

He said something in Italian that was incomprehensible to me. Soon after he switched to English introducing himself.

"I'm Riccardo and I'll take you to meet the boy, but first I want to ask you a few questions."

"No problem sir."

"The driver will take your suitcase inside."

"I don't have a suitcase, sir, just this bag."

He looked at my hands and his mouth dropped open. He looked me up and down and again spoke something in Italian, it sounded like he was cursing. Another man appeared and addressed him in Italian, I didn't understand anything, but I got the impression that he didn't like me. The other person gave me a strange look, smirked, and said something in Italian to the man named Riccardo.

"She is very gorgeous! She's ragged, but you can tell she's an appetizing little thing."

"Fuck, don't mess with this girl yet until Mattia sees her, or he'll send her back on the first flight or he'll fuck her. Holy shit, he's going to be pissed."

The man turned to me and spoke in English.

"Let's go in, Miss Delilah."

I followed the two men, I was scared, I looked around discreetly and noticed that there were several of them everywhere. The place looked like it only had men. I clutched the crucifix around my neck and said several silent prayers. I walked after them on wobbly legs.

The sumptuousness of the interior of the house took my breath away, I've never seen anything like this, it was all very luxurious, I couldn't process that someone in the world lived like this. The man called Riccardo opened a door and invited me in, I did and soon after they entered. The sound of the door closing made me jump in shock. Riccardo sat in a chair behind the desk and the other sat in one of the chairs facing the table. He gestured for me to sit down. I settled in and waited to be interviewed.

"So Miss Delilah, how old are you?"

"Eighteen, I turned two days ago."

"So young and already a nun?"

"I'm not a nun yet, sir, I'll join the order as soon as I return to the convent."

"Hmm!"

The other man spoke in Italian. He laughed as he spoke.