Chapter XX

Delilah

The first rays of dawn began to appear, filtering through in the clouds. I opened my eyes vaguely and tried to place myself. The light made my eyes hurt, I closed them again and rubbed them away so I could open them again. Everything that had happened the day before comes to my memory. I woke up with a start, opened my eyelids and looked around for Mattia, I didn't see him and I started to panic. I sat in the boat and wandered my eyes looking for him, no sign.

I got up and the blanket that covered me fell, I realized that I was completely naked and the cold wind coming off the tide made me shiver.

I looked for the shirt to wear it and saw it piled up on the floor, I reached down and picked it up, I got dressed, I couldn't close it, because the buttons were broken, so I tied it and I held it, I practically did two laps around my body. I remembered the way how he had ripped it from me. I got hot, and my face caught fire from shame.

I got off the boat and got disoriented, I didn't know which direction to go looking for him, it was not possible that he had left me, alone. I started breathing fast, afraid and apprehensive. I decided to call him.

"Mattia."

Nothing, only the sound of birds and sea waves echoed around bottom. I walked a few steps and called him louder.

"Mattia."

No sign of him, worried, I began to pray in my heart for that nothing had happened to him. At that moment I heard the noise of twigs and leaves being stepped on and I jumped in fright when he emerged from the forest. He was shirtless, only wearing shorts, in his hands were several green coconuts. I wanted to run to meet him, but I managed to hold back, however, I breathed a sigh of relief. He came close to me and put the coconuts in the sand.

"Good morning, my sea goddess," he said mockingly, smiling and he reached out with his hands grabbing me around the waist.

"Good morning," I said shyly.

"You missed me, right? I heard you calling me so ardently."

"I-I was just scared, I thought you were gone or injured somewhere."

"So you were worried about me, good sign," as always he said mockery.

"I get worried about anyone," I said indignantly.

"Hmm! Let's not fight, apparently we're alone here, I didn't see sign of civilization, so it's just you and me, like Adam and Eve in Paradise."

With those words he crushed his lips to mine and kissed me. I sighed deeply and remained passive, he pulled me close to his muscular body and I accidentally spread my hands on his bare chest. I could feel his strong heartbeat, his skin warm and his muscles hard. I felt like running my hands over his body. When he left my mouth, I released a silly sigh of loss. My face turned red of embarrassment for my behavior. Noticing my slip-up, he looked mockingly and spoke in the same tone.

"You can touch me, you can miss my kisses, I'm all yours."

I tried to get away from him, but as usual he wouldn't let me.

"Don't run away, you should know by now that you can't escape me."

"I wasn't trying to escape, I just wanted to get back in the boat."

"For what? Wanna make some love?"

"No," I denied, embarrassed.

"No? But I love making love in the morning."

As he spoke, he gathered me in his strong arms, kissing my face. I didn't know how to make him stop, even if apparently we were alone, it was very strange for me to be in that situation, in the middle of the daylight, doing these things he does to me. I still tried to protest.