Chapter XXI

Delilah

I felt a shiver of revolt, I couldn't believe that he had done that. I was stunned and didn't move, everything was planned, we were never lost... Jesus! He manipulated me, deceived me, made me accept him. I closed my eyes in indignation, I heard him order.

"Come on Delilah, I don't want the helicopter to arrive and my men to see you naked."

I opened my eyes and couldn't take in the words, everything was so horrible, from the beginning he treated it like a business, he treated me like a person without will, easily manipulated. The sound of a helicopter cut through the air. Getting out of my state of shock, I got dressed quickly, the outfit was simple, so I had no difficulties wearing it.

I got off the boat and headed for the beach. Mattia was standing with a hand over his forehead, looking at the aircraft that was preparing to land on the sand.

I still couldn't believe it, in fact, I didn't want to believe it and with revolt I held him in his arms and questioned him.

"Why did you this?"

"Isn't it obvious, you needed to discover your feelings."

"What feelings? You kidnapped me, made me...."

Oh! I couldn't even complete the reasoning from how big was my indignation. I remembered the day of the shipwreck, that was real, the boat really sank, it couldn't have been something fanciful.

"The boat, I saw it sink, that was real."

"Yes, I sabotaged it myself for the right moment for it to sink,

I needed to make you believe that it was really an accident."

"My God! You deliberately sunk an expensive ship just to stage and execute this plan?"

"Amore mio, sono un Mafioso, that boat is one of many that I can buy, don't worry about that"

"How monstrous. Wasting money just to boost your, your stupid ego!"

"Delilah, don't be melodramatic, I'm not a man to waste time, I do what has to be done to achieve my goals."

At that moment the helicopter had already landed and the propellers slowed down, Mattia grabbed my hand and said:

"Let's go back to civilization."

Something inside me revolted, it was anger, I had never experienced that feeling before. The bitter taste of indignation flooded my mouth.

He'd lied to me, and he'd probably lied about other things. He let me know passion, he made me fall in love with him, on a whim, for it is certainly not reciprocated. Angry, I stopped and tried to pull free.

"Let go of me, I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Fuck! And here we go again."

Ignoring my revolt, with a tug, he started to drag me, so I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Let me go, you liar, murderer. I want to go back to the convent."

At that moment he stopped and turned to me, bringing me to next to his body with violence. His strong fingers pressed into my flesh. Slowly and inexorably, he pulled me closer, brushing his lips against my cheek. His mouth was a thin line and he spoke through clenched teeth.

"Do you remember what you said to me last night?" I told you I would charge."

"I... I said under persuasion and false pretense, I thought that... that..."

The words wouldn't come, I felt lost, I was confused.

"You thought what? That you like my touch, my possession, my body on top of yours?"