2. ROMEO

Matteo sits right beside me, like no concept of personal space at all. "At this point you're trying to be up my ass, Matt. What do you want?" I stand up, moving to the other couch.

"Can i wear your jacket?"

"No."

"You didn't even let me ask which one."

"I don't care, the answers no." I look down at my book.

"I'll tell mom you bought weed home yesterday."

Fucking bitch.

Mom is okay with us smoking just as long as we don't do it at the house. She hates the smell.

"Which one?"

"The black one, with the reflective logo."

"I don't have it." I look at my watch, "Ilaria, take your tablets." I shout.

"Okay." She shouts back.

"Where is it?" Matteo tuts.

"I was taking somebody home and they were cold so i let them wear it." I look up, "You have your own one?"

"I may or may not have lost a fight and gave it away."

In my head, i think i call Matteo 'fucking stupid' about 8000 times a day.

How many times do i say it out loud?

"Fucking stupid."

One, apparently.

"Hey, he didn't look as big as he was." He holds his hands up in defence.

"Go away." I tut, looking back down at my book.

He groans, standing up and heavily walking away as if i'm going to change my mind because he's being loud and annoying.

Ilaria walks in, "Where's mom?"

"Grocery shopping, did you take your tablets?" I have to remind her to take her birth control because she always forgets.

"Yeah and i'm going to raid her closet."

I ignore her, flipping the pages in my book and three minutes later i'm completely done.

Matteo walks back into the room, "Can i borrow your swim trunks?"

"Matt, you literally have your own wardrobe." I hate being the oldest sometimes. All of them steal my clothes, even my mom steals my clothes.

"I want your banana shorts."

"Take them." I stand up, "Where are you going?"

"Beach party, gonna hook up with some girl by the rocks."

"Wouldn't recommend that, there's about fifteen bodies buried beneath them." I stop, "Is it Delilah Parks birthday?"

"How do you know that?"

"Is it?"

"Yes." He narrows his eyes, "She's hot. I would totally try and get with her but she's like shy." He shrugs, "I've fucked her brother though."

"Lovely. I'm coming." I push past him, walking up the stairs.

"Why are you coming?" He follows after me.

"Delilah is the one i walked home." I walk into my room, he follows me in there too.

I do him a favour and open my closet, taking out my banana shorts and throwing them to him, "Fuck off now."

He rolls his eyes, walking out of my room.

I take my plain black swim trunks and change into them, pulling a white shirt over my head.