16. DELILAH

Waking up first after sex is the most awkward thing ever. I look at Romeo sleeping peacefully, his features are so soft, he looks like a Greek God when he sleeps.

I sit up, looking at him rest for a while before getting out of bed.

This is too awkward.

I felt so guilty last night, disgusting. I don't know why. I felt so dirty, and i still do.

I poke through my bags, pulling a pair of my thonhs up and then a pair of sweatpants, pulling the matching sweater over my head and fluffy socks on my feet. Then, i walk out of his bedroom and slide my shoes on, opening his door and leaving the apartment.

I didn't even have my phone.

I walk to the elevator, pressing the button. It opens and a tall, bald headed guy with tattoos across the side of his head and down his face.

I smile, walking in.

The elevator goes down one floor and then stops completely, "Oh." I press the help button right away, "Does this stop often?"

"Sometimes." He clears his throat.

I rock back and forth on the heel of my feet, "Your tattoos are cool."

He glances at me, "Thank you?" His tone was questioning. Maybe he's not used to compliments, or it's probably because he doesn't receive many. He's muscular, tall and full of tattoos.

"You're welcome, i also think you're cute." I smile, "You have dimples right? I can see the lines on your cheek."

He smiles, and i was right, dimples pierce his cheek. "What's your name?"

"Delilah." I hold my hand out, and i notice something missing from my finger.

My ring.

He grabs my hand, "Jakub."

"That's a cool name, where is it you from?"

"Poland, how about you? Mixed?"

"Yeah, my dad is Korean." I slide my hands in my pockets.

"That's cool." He smiles softly again, "So, you're definitely leaving a hookup hanging. Was he that bad?"

"Is it that obvious?" I rub my face.

"Oh yeah, 100%." He chuckles, his laugh thick. "Was he bad?"

"No... i don't know." I shake my head.

"Not memorable enough means it's bad." He leans against the side, "Did he at least buy you food after?"

"I was too tired to even stand." I press the button again. The last thing i want is for the elevators to open to find Romeo standing there, waiting to drag me back upstairs.

He smiles again, and the elevator falls to a silence.

But then it starts again so it isn't awkward at all.

It goes down and when the doors open, he nods his head at me with a small smile and walks away.

I walk away too.

I walk down the street and onto the high street, there's free sample coffee and donuts from a new store opening today, so i pass through and get a coffee and a donut, then make my way to the beach.

It was cold so i keep the coffee in my hands as i look at the sun peeking over the horizon. I eat the donut while i watch the sun rise, the beach starts filling up and then i feel somebody sit beside me.

I turn to look at an unfamiliar guy sitting beside me, tattoos up his fingers and arms, the same crown tattoo on his forearm. He must be in Romeos gang.