9. ROMEO

"Romeo, it's time for group therapy." Nurse Cross knocks on the door, "Ready?"

I look down at the sketch of Delilah, then close the pad over.

They told me to draw my imagination and for some reason, my imagination consisted of Delilah dying in various ways, so i drew them all. They confiscated them and told me i had to draw nicer ones, so i resorted into drawing her from my memories.

I stand up, i can't wait to scare all the fuckers in here again.

I walk past her and into the common room, sitting at my assigned chair, closest to the Doctor because i'm hard to control.

I look at who's joining us today.

Halle, the girl with anorexia. She covers herself in blankets to try and 'sweat off her calories.' It's her fault we're not allowed the vending machine anymore, or the heating, or snacks.

James, the suicidal one with chains on his wrists because he will try and do anything to kill himself.

Rahim, the schizophrenic that believes he's talking to God, but other days believes he is god.

Loraine, bipolar manic who's been in a manic episode for almost a month.

Hunter, the supposed psychopath

and me.

The doctor comes around and distributes pills, i take mine, put them in my mouth and swallow but only enough so that they're in my throat. I open my mouth to show they're gone and when he moves on, i bring them back up. I cough them into my hand and then put my hand in my pocket as i lean back.

I like pretending my pills are working, then completely disregard everyone's feelings whenever it comes to group therapy.

Why?

The sociopath in me.

"How about we start with you, Romeo. What are you grateful for today?" Dr. Green asks.

I clear my throat, "Seeing Lorraine's tits yesterday." She was running around naked.

Dr. Green sighs, "Behave Romeo, or no visit for you."

I need Delilah to give me the hairpins.

"I'm extremely grateful for the previlage to be able to shower without her pervy eyes on me." I nod my head at Nurse Cross.

I can't found the number of turns she's assaulted me, and how many times i've been ignored simply because 'i'm a male patient.'

"Okay, How about you, Hunter?"

Hunter glares at me and then leans forward, "My visits with my girl."

"What's your girl called?"

"Priya."

"How long have you been together?"

He shrugs, "She keeps count of that shit."

"Can we refrain from swearing, please?"

"Why? It's not like we're all kids her, Donald."

"It's Dr. Green to you, Romeo."

"My sincere apologies." I wink.

He rolls his eyes, goes around the circle and keeps asking people what they're grateful for and then turns back to me, "Who is the female that visited you last week?"

"Delilah."

"She's hot." Hunter says to me.

"Your Priya couldn't relate."