27. DELILAH

Romeo stares at the kitchen counter again.

I've been watching him for almost twenty minutes.

I sit up, "What are you doing, Ro?"

He looks at me, "Got new medication." He clears his throat, "Don't wanna take it."

"Why not?" I get off the couch, cracking my back in the process.

"A lot of reasons."

"Like...?"

"Might make my dick not work, might make me worse, might make me care about things." He shrugs, "A lot."

"Caring about things isn't going to ruin your life." I open the fridge, taking out a bottle of water.

"Not for you, for me yeah. We live two different lives, Delilah." He picks the tablets up.

"Empathy isn't a bad thing." I twist the cap open and hand him the bottle, "Maybe you'll be a little less mean to me."

His eyes search mine for elaboration on that statement. I don't give him what he wants. He knows he fucked up.

He looks me dead in the eyes as he places the pills on the back of his tongue and swallows them down with a gulp of water. "Happy?"

"Romeo, I don't care if you do or don't take the pills. I just don't want you to be a dick to me. You feel like they're not working, stop taking them." I walk into the bedroom, only to find Matteo laying across the bed, completely naked, his ass in the air.

He has a tattoo on his ass.

I slide past him quickly and into the closet, changing my outfit in there. I put on warmer clothes, a pair of my sweatpants and an oversized shirt.

When I walk out, Romeo was walking into the bedroom and took a deep sigh.

I open the drawer to get a hair tie and when i come turn around, Romeo walks in with a pan full of water.

Then tips it over his brother .

I take a step back, closing my eyes because I didn't feel like seeing Matteo's dick.

"The fuck are you naked for?" Romeo shout.

"You have soft linen-"

I hear a slap, clean across the face.

I keep my eyes concealed as I walk out of the bedroom and let the two guys resolve the issue on their own.

If Damon was to sleep naked in my bed, I would probably be mad too.

They argue in Italian for ages before Romeo walks out, his hair messy and his lip slightly bruised.

I pull socks over my feet, "Do you two always fight?"

"Only when he's a dick." He walks to me, "Don't go out today-"

"I'm going out today." I look at Matteo walking out in one of Romeos signature grey sweatpants. "Cool tattoo."

"Oh, thanks." He smiles, "Least painful tattoo i've ever got." He opens the fridge.

"It's stupid." Romeo grunts.

"SpongeBob isn't stupid." Matteo and I say at the same time.

Romeo takes a single look at the both of us before standing up and walking away.

I don't even bother.

An hour later, Kelly was raiding my closet for something to wear and Romeo was staring her down the entire time.