68. ROMEO

I remember when mom had just given birth to Alessio and Emilio, and she was exhausted with how much they kept her up during night time. So, finally when they stopped screaming throughout the night, she got to rest.

That's how I feel.

Delilah hasn't had a nightmare in a week.

It's early hours of the morning and I'm just admiring her. She didn't want me to sleep with her today, we were making out and I rested my hand on her thigh, like I usually did, she jumped, pulling it off me again.

Then was awkward, so she asked if I could take the spare room. I happily obliged.

While it gets annoying sometimes, Robert is teaching me that her mental health and recovery is more important than how angry I'll get. So I do therapy methods.

Like, deep breathing. Delilah looks at me sometimes with a raised eyebrow, I just focus on my breathing.

I also do visualisation techniques. One of them includes visualising what I want to do instead of actually don't it.

I fantasise having sex with Delilah a lot, i didn't realise how much it helped.

Boxing is another thing. Anything to do with fighting, hitting stuff. This isn't a healthy technique apparently but it works best for me.

I've been so exhausted since she's been back. I hardly sleep, i hardly train, i've hardly been with my duty as a capo.

It's for her, I don't mind.

I stand up, kissing her forehead and walking out of the bedroom. Mom and Ilaria are coming around later on so that I can get back to my duty.

I walk to the guest room and lay back in bed. I close my eyes and fall asleep as soon as I laid my head against the pillow.

I wake up to Delilah crawling in the bed beside me.

I pretend to sleep as she puts herself under my arm, rests her head on my chest and snuggles up to me.

She's so adorable.

But then the doorbell rings and she sighs. "I got it." I clear my throat.

"No. You stay in bed." She gets off the bed quickly and jogs out of the room. I hear her open the door and say thank you, close the door and jog back up the stairs.

She walks in with a bag of food.

I smile, sitting up.

She gets back in bed with me and for the first time in months, she didn't have dark circles or sunken eyes, and she looked like she had energy today.

"Breakfast in bed before you work." She smiles, untying the bag. "I got pancakes and bacon and syrup and fruit." She places everything on the bed.

I'm surprised, she's only been nibbling at her meals since the incident happened with the girl in the park.

But she sat and ate an entire pancake with bacon. She even stole some of my bacon and I pretended I didn't notice.

"Need drink." She gets off the bed, running away. She returns quickly with two glasses of orange juice.

She drinks the juice as she eats some fruit.

I feel something in my chest as I watch her lick the syrup off her fingers. I'm so proud.

"What times Arabella coming at?" She asks, tidying up our mess.

"She should be on her way now." I lean forward. I don't make a comment on how proud I am. I get off the bed and help her tidy.