19. ROMEO

I shoot the cop as soon as i open the door, Ciro sighs from behind me, "You're gonna get me in trouble, little Reign."

"Don't call me little Reign, i'm taller and bigger than my dad." I drag the cop in, pulling his camera off him and stomping on it. "There's some acid in the back of my car, a barrel too."

"You're getting rid of the body." He takes the weapons from the cop.

I whistle over one of his younger men, "Dispose of this with acid, down in the forrest-"

"Keilani is training there, so it somewhere different."

"Highway, just rid of it." I take the badge and wallet from his pants, pulling out all the cash he had. I have it to the junior, "Call me if you get caught."

He nods his head, dragging the body away.

Ciro shakes his head, leading me to his office where two strippers were just changing back into their clothes. "Keilani know they here?"

"Keilani was the one to call them." He sits at his desk.

I sit opposite him, "A million was sent to my warehouse in cash."

"Motive?"

"Nothing. Just in a duffel bag. Matteo found it and called me because he thought it's from laundering but it wasn't. I have some guys watching over it and flicking through it but it's all real."

"Told your dad yet?"

"No, he's busy with mom and the twins right now so i came straight here." I rest my hands on my thighs, "Can i send it here?"

"No, keep it until your dad looks at it." He shakes his head, "What else is going on? You look distracted."

Speak of the devil.

My phone rings and Delilah's name pops up, "Excuse me." I stand up, pressing accept as i walk out of the room. "Precious."

"There's a guy on your balcony." She says calmly, "I thought he was cleaning the windows but he's kind of just staring at me."

"Let me guess, 5"9, Chinese with a tattoo down his cheek?"

"Yup, are you friends? Should i let him in?" She asks.

What the fuck.

"No. Matteo or one of my dads will be with you in a couple of minutes. Don't let him in, he's in a gang."

"Oh." her tone softens, "He's bleeding-"

"Delilah, my love, just keep the doors locked."

"They're locked and i'm in the kitchen with a knife."

"Good, stay there. Want me to stay on the phone with you?"

"Yes please."

I text Matteo quickly and then put the phone against my ear again, "What have you been up to?"

"I went to the beach, came back, went to get some ice cream with a friend, went to work, fed the ducks and now i'm cooking."

"How was work?"

"Oh, it was great. A lady came in and tipped me $40 because i was a great server." She sounded so happy. "How is your work? Is Chicago nice?"

"It's fine. Have you ever been to Chicago before?"

"No. I've been to New York only." She giggles a little.

"I'll take you someday. Is he still there."

"Oh, yeah he's peeing off your balcony."