66. ROMEO

Delilah is like a child sometimes. Robert told me it's because she was never allowed to do stuff as a child, that now as an adult she is trying to heal herself.

Like building a fort of sandcastles and running from the ocean to the part of the sand she's dug out to make a lake in the sand.

I watch her with a raised eyebrow and she runs to the sea with her hands cupped, as if there isn't a bucket right beside us.

Odd girl.

When she runs back and puts all of 2 droplets of water. "Precious." She looks at me, eyes docile. I point to the bucket and she looks as if she's came to a mind blowing acknowledgment.

She picks it up and runs away again.

I lay back, closing my eyes.

She kept me up last night, a group of kids decided to throw rocks at the bedroom window and it teriffied her. She couldn't sleep after.

I hear her beside me and then her soft hand touched my stomach. "Yes?" I open my eyes.

"You never put sunscreen on." She picks hers up.

She smothers my body in it and then looks at my feet. "You need to go for a pedicure."

"Ouch." I kick her knee gently, "You can give me one when we're home."

"I like that idea." She lays beside me. "I need a tattoo."

"A tattoo?"

"Yes. This guy was looking at me and I got really paranoid and I thought he was gonna like.. kidnap me."

"What do you want?"

"You can choose."

"Me?"

"Actually, no. You'll probably pick something stupid." She stands up. "My uncles arrived by the way. He called and said he wants to meet you soon."

"We can go today if you want?"

Anything to get me off the beach.

"I'll let him know after I swim." She dumps a bunch of sand on my stomach before running away.

I just watch her.

She's in a bikini for the first time in ages. It took some convincing but I did find out she definitely likes praises, so I treated her like a goddess the entire time and convinced her.

After an hour, she runs back. I bodyguard the bathroom while she changes and takes an unnecessary amount of time drying her hair with a towel, then braiding it. Then finally, she walks back.

I kiss her, only to see if she had threw up the açai bowl i made for breakfast. I've been doing it since she's been back, kissing her after she goes to the bathroom.

She tasted a little like salt, I pull away. "Did you drink the sea water or something?"

"Got into my mouth." She intertwined our hands. "Call him Jeongho. He's with Annabeth, can't wait to see her again."

I was distracted as she carried on talking. The guy in front of us kept looking behind to look at her.

She rambled as I keep my attention on this guy. I'm jealous for no reason.

He even goes as far as slowing down to walk behind her.

She stops walking abruptly and her smile wasn't there anymore. "You never listen when I talk."

"I'm distracted. Who's behind you?"

She looks behind her, then looks back at me. "No clue. Why?"

"Because he keeps staring at you."