54. ROMEO

Kairi Hamada and his team are working here. His daughter is training to be an FBI agent, she's also flirting with me and it's making me want to rip my eyeballs out.

"Akahana, you're not my type. Go away." I keep typing.

"Hana." Kairi calls, "go see if Asahi has anything."

She walks away and Kairi walks to me, "Tell me more about your enemies. Is there any known things going on right now?"

"Just Lorenzo trying to take my reign." I can't think properly. "I have a photographic memory." I look at him.

"I know that."

"I can't remember anything. I can't focus. My mind is betraying me."

It's been two weeks.

Two whole weeks.

"Athena!" He calls.

His wife walks over here, "You okay?"

"No." I choke on my words. "No, I can't remember anything. Momma." I call. "Momma I can't remember."

"Romeo." Mom walks over. "Romeo, We'll find her. It's okay." She cradles me.

"I can't remember." I can't believe I can't remember.

"It could be shock. Even stress." Athena whispers to Kairi.

Aunt Keilani walks through the door, "There's a trafficking ring." She says quickly, pulling out a map. "Ferrari and I were planning to bust it, there's around a hundred girls. From what we researched they're all nineteen year old, NYU students. There's undercover cops on the case too. It's big. I stole it." She smiles at Kairi, "FBI haven't been told this yet?"

"No." He snatched it off her. "Let me guess, Polish?"

"Yeah."

They leave the living room to talk about this and mom keeps stroking my hair. "How's your back?"

I didn't tell them I stole the morphine.

"Fine. I need to find Delilah. She's too weak to be kidnapped." I shake my head.

"She'll be okay. She's more resilient than you think." She kisses the top of my head. "How about you go lie-"

"No. I can't lie down. I need to find her." I get up. I walk into the living room, they were pinning stuff around the maps.

I point to an old warehouse, "They have a large basement that's stretched beneath the house. There's a secret opening in the grass."

"Do you know where?"

"Yeah."

"Ace, take Romeo down."

Ace nods his head and we get in his four by four. I reload my gun. "I'll kill anyone I see if she's there."

"So will I. I don't fuck with trafficking."

He drives us down and it takes us a while to find the actual opening but I pull it up. The stairs lead down and it hadn't been used in a while, there was cobwebs covering it everywhere.

He uses his flashlight to guide the way and we end up in a large room.

I walk through the door first.

Empty.

This place hasn't been used in a very long time.

We check through the entire basement to double check but we were right. It was completely abandoned.

"There's another location on the map not too far from here who have a large basement."

"Must be cool to just look at something and remember it."