19 - pretending

y/n felt tired from playing in the water and figured he should get out of the pool.

“hey! yamaguchi, im gonna rest for a while!” he informed yamaguchi who responded with a quick, “okay!”

as soon as he hopped out he walked over to kenma who waved at him as he took off his sunglasses. “hey, why aren't you taking a dip in the pool?” he asked as he took a towel to dry himself.

“cause theres piss, and vomit and shit and farts in that water. plus alot of chemicals. i dont wanna get in.” kenma scoffed, folding his arms.

“let me share it with you then.” y/n smirks leaning into kenma's face, “what, wait, not here-” kenma felt his face burning up.

“excuse me...”

a girl stood right in front of them.

they both get startled, “yes?” y/n asked while kenma covers his face with his hands. the girl took out her phone as if she was trying to point out something.

y/n could hear her voice, but it was still inaudible. “ah... pardon?” he leaned down a little to hear her better, which seemed to make her squirm even more.

“w-well, you see-” she stuttered, “do you need help with directions?” y/n tried guessing what she was trying to say since it looked like she was struggling.

“no...your number...” she managed to utter before handing her phone towards him. kenma quickly looked up at the scene, ‘OH HELL NO, BITCH-’ .

“mine?” he chuckled. “what for?” he asked, the girl shifted her hair behind her ears, “me and my friends... we were just leaving from the resort, and we thought you were cute so...” she looked visibly flustered.

“really?” he laughed while kenma was dying to drop kick her from behind him. ‘HE BETTER SAY NO’.

“im flattered, but i can't do that, im afraid.” as soon as he confirmed what the girl needed his number for, he rejected her.

“why not?” another girl appeared behind her who seemed to come over to help her. “hm? is there a specific reason you want to hear from me?” y/n felt a little annoyed.

before the girl could say anything, “if you're so interested. i already have a lover.” y/n smiled proudly. kenma on the other hand, panicked. he avoided all eye contact, he wasn't that open about being gay. when y/n looked at him he knew instantly he was uncomfortable.

the girl from behind laughed, “so where is she then, huh?” kenma flinched, before y/n could say anything someone quickly intervened.

“honey! can you apply some suncream on my back?” they all turned their heads to see kiyoko. “who are these girls?” she squinted.

“oh. hey babe!” y/n quickly understood what kiyoko was up to, but cringed a little as he called her babe. “they were just-” before he could finish, he got cut off. “we were just asking for directions!” the girl smiled before turning to her shy friend.

“oh my god. i should've known a hot guy would've had a hot girlfriend too. let's get out of here...” she said softly to the other girl, grabbed her hand and walked off.

kiyoko sighed in relief, “people really know how to ruin your vacation...” she rolled her eyes. “are you guys okay now?” she smiled. “SHIMIZUUU” y/n cried out and hugged her, “THANK YOU QUEEN” he sobbed. kenma looked up at her and gave her a thumbs up.

she'd been sitting on a different table watching over yachi before she sensed that something was up when a few girls stopped to stare at y/n. she was already prepared for when things would get out of hand.

she smiled at kenma before letting go of y/n, “you're welcome.” she said, then walking over to her table to watch yachi play.

“y/n.” kenma called out, which make y/n turn to him and quickly take a seat near him. “im-”

“im sorry, kenma. i didn't realise you'd be scared about confrontation.” y/n was quick to apologise, not letting kenma complete what he was trying to say.

he grabbed kenma's hands and held them close to his face, “whatever you dont like, or like, you should be able to tell me everything. i don't make you uncomfortable with anything else i do, do i? you can be open, i swear, i wont-”

“y/n, it's okay.” kenma pinched y/n's cheeks to escape his grasp. “i just wasn't prepared for something like that.” he said, lowering his chin onto his arm, giving his boyfriend a reassuring smile.

y/n felt a little relieved to hear kenma say that, although he felt like kenma was feeling something completely different altogether. maybe he couldn't piece it together at the moment was what he thought. but y/n himself decided from that moment onwards, that he should be more mindful of kenma's feelings too.

-

a/n: my skrunklies 😍😍🥺🥺😭😭😭💕💕💕💕💕

twerks ✨