44 - sturdy asf

kenma's pov

"kenma! can you actually do some real work and hand out these flyers? we need more people to join the club!" kuroo scolds me, but im too busy playing on my switch under the shade.

"no, im too tired.." i complain, not wanting to elaborate on why exactly im like this because, yknow.. i did something.

"ugh. firstly you come like, half an hour late, then you say you're tired? why'd you even come then?!" he yells.

"i said id come, i didn't say id help." i roll my eyes at him and feel my phone vibrate. i pull it out to check who it is, and of course, its n/n.

i pick up immediately and greet him, "hey, what's up?" completely ignoring kuroo's tantrum.

"kozu, are you sure you're okay?"

"yeah im okay. why?" i reply. i lied. my ass and thighs sting and i limped all the way here.

"why..? what do you mean 'why'?! i fucked the shit out of you! and last night was your first time! how are you not feeling anything?!"

oh trust me. im definitely feeling it. but i cant say that, so..

"meh, i don't know? maybe im just strong as hell?" i smirk, feeling like an absolute clown.

"strong my ass. you sit on your ass and play video games all day until kuroo drags you to practice. you liar."

i freeze, "ah. im more sturdy than you think."

"really? then lets test that theory in bed the next time we meet."

"wh-"

"i have to get going, they want me to play as substitute for asahi later. he's not feeling too well today. ill talk to you later, bye love."

"bye..."

i bury my face into my palms, 'im so dead.'

"KENMA." kuroo yells once again.

"oi, you little shit! how about you continue doing your job and just leave him be?" yaku intervenes, "i think he's under the weather right now."

"huh? really? kenma, you shouldn't have come then." kuroo puts a hand on my forehead, "his temperature is okay though.." he frowns.

"ugh, just get going, captain! the shorty will handle it." lev pushes kuroo towards a crowd of people in aims to advertise the club.

"ill slap the shit out of him the next time he calls me that." yaku clenches his fist watching lev do his thing, he then sighs and looks at me. "you really need to be more discreet when you do it at the dorms."

"WHAT." i quickly stand up in shock, which results in a sudden pain rushing through my thighs forcing me to sit back down. "fuck."

"yeah. me and lev already know why you're not in the mood for all this right now." he looks around to see if anyone is around, "i forgot the extra flyers and when we walked back in we heard some of it.."

"just, ignore it. must've been chickens. you're imagining things."

he sighs at my lame cover-up and pulls out his phone, "i told y/n to pick you up before leaving for practice."

"WHAT."

-

"wow, you're really sturdy." y/n says sarcastically while he carries me on his back towards karasuno's gym.

"just shut up." i bury my face into the bridge between his neck and shoulder.

he sighs, "i just knew this would happen."

"oi! y/n, come on! the other team is almost here!" tanaka runs up to us.

"ah, okay ill just get kenma to a seat first." he explains while picking up his pace.

"what happened to him anyway?" tanaka looks up at me.

"i stubbed my toe and fell down the stairs." i quickly make up a lie.

"oh shit, you good?" he asks.

"yeah, sort of." i respond.

"ryu! we need your help here!" someone calls out from inside the gym and tanaka immediately runs to assist them.

y/n lets out a snort, "fuck, you're so bad at lying." he laughs.

"please, just shut up, okay?" i bite his shoulder for my revenge and he jumps.

"OUCH, FUCK. OKAY IM SORRY." he cries out before i let him go.

-

y/n places me down on a seat that has a perfect view of the entire gym.

"if you sit here, ill be able to look at you and feel more motivated to play." he smiles.

i look at him completely speechless, "ah, okay." i reply trying to avoid eye-contact, but i keep meeting his eyes anyways.

he laughs, and then pushes back my bangs to place a kiss on my forehead. "ill take care of you properly right after we win this, okay?"

i nod, "sure. ill be cheering you on." i assure him, smiling.

his face definitely lit up when i said that and he ran over to the team to start warming up.

the coach comes over to them to hand over their assigned jerseys for practice.

after receiving them, they all took off their shirts in a split second. except for y/n, unfortunately. he'd already been wearing his jersey beforehand.

i think that's definitely for the best, i left scratch marks on his back this morning. 'he's really smart, isn't he?' i smile to myself.

suddenly a group of players walk into the gym, and following behind them were a few students who came to watch the game.

"wow, it's been a while since y/n last played for the team." i overhear kiyoko say to someone near me.

i look at her, shes talking to yachi. "yeah, im really excited! i wish he would still play volleyball."

oh yeah, y/n apparently quit playing volleyball at some point in time. how'd that slip off my head?

"oh hey, kenma! you're here to watch y/n play today?" yachi directs her attention toward me, causing kiyoko to turn around as well.

"yeah, i wanna see how he plays." i nod. just by watching him start his warm-ups, im getting really excited.

-

a/n: im not gonna write an entire volleyball game description, nuh uh. im WAY too lazy ❤️

- twerks ✨