Chapter 23

I stood in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror, feeling disgusted with myself. I don't know why I let things get to me, especially things that don't really matter. It's just that I've been through so much and then when things get good, bad things happen. That's just life really, but I'm so sick of it. Why can't things just work out the way you want them to? Life is so cruel sometimes.

The door opened and Stephanie's head popped through. She saw the tear streaks down my cheeks as I swiped at them angrily. I forced a smile but she could see that I was hurting.

'Hey, Tanner, are you okay?' she asked walking in towards me.

'Oh yeah, I'm fine' I lied.

'I know that we don't know each other very well but I'm your boss now, if you ever need to talk I'm here for you' she smiled at me. The kind of reassuring smile that tells you that for once you're not alone.

'Thank you' I replied smiling a little.

'You're welcome, can I tell you something?' she asked, I nodded 'I regret nothing in my life, even though my past may not be the best, it is full of hurt but I still look back and smile. You know why? Because it made me who I am today. Great husband, brilliant kids, amazing job, the best family in the world. I was like you when I was young. You may not have told me your past but I can see it in your eyes and I can see it on your wrist' she looked down but she didn't look disgusted by them, everyone always looks at me like I'm an animal, I quickly pulled my sleeve down 'your life was full of hurt and let downs, but I do promise you it'll get better. I mean, look who you've got around you, Dean, Roman, Natalya, you've even got me and Hunter. Everyone cares for you. Now, wipe your face, fix your make up and put your head up high and ignore anyone who gets you down or whoever was or is hurting you because they don't matter. All that matters is your image on yourself and your goals, because all you need is motivation and I can see it in you. So put a smile on that beautiful face and come sit back down' she smiled and walked out of the bathroom before I could reply.

Then it hit me, my dad is just a person from my past who doesn't care about me truly. The past is the past and the bruises will fade. I've just got to keep my head up and ignore anyone in my way before at the end of the day they're all fuckers who are stopping me from doing my thing.

Sorry it's a bit short but I wanted to have at least a little bit of inspiration in this story and this is the inspiration so far.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT I GET, IT REALLY HELPS. AND PLEASE STAY SAFE AND LOVE YOURSELF BECSUSE YOU DESERVE IT.

I know there's a bit of a sad twist to Tanner's past in the story but you never know what's around the corner.

Also, if you need someone to talk to I'm always here, or just message me on any social medias:
Instagram- @sophina.bc.yeah
Twitter- @canigetahoyaaa

As always, I loves ya and stay awesome!