Chapter 11

Tonight, Tanner is going to come with me to watch Raw backstage since she's never been before I thought this was a perfect surprise. Ever since she lost the baby she's been extremely quiet so seeing Natalya and being able to meet some superstars might put a smile on her face.

Its the first time I've seen her in regular clothes since the day her world came crashing down. She looks beautiful. As he walked out the door I smiled at her. She looked at me funny and crinkled her nose up like she always does when she's confused. Once we got into the car, her phone started ringing and a name came up on the screen. She instantly picked it up and ignored it.

'Who was that sunshine?' I asked, looking at her quickly.

'Oh no one, nothing to worry about it' she replied looking out her window.

'You know I worry Tanner, but if you don't want to talk about it that's fine' I took her hand and rubbed circles with my thumb.

'Fine, it was just my dad,' she gave in, and explained 'when I was younger, he used to verbally and physically hurt me and my mum because he was a drug abuser. He blamed us for not having enough money for his drugs and eventually he got arrested and supposedly ''turned his life around'' but I don't believe that for a second'

She wiped away the tear that escaped the corner of her eye and just stared out the window. I squeezed her hand tighter and she leant her head on my arm.

'Don't worry sunshine, I won't let him anywhere near you' I stroked her hair and drove into the car park of the arena.

I could tell she was excited and she was trying to hide it but it wasn't working, she just kept smiling widely at me. I got my case out of the boot and we walked into the building. We came face to face with AJ, she was skipping around with her Divas championship belt on her shoulder.

'Oh hello Mr Ambrose and little miss skank' AJ said sounding really stuck up.

'Fuck off AJ' I replied to her, walking past her.

Tanner stopped and got up in her face.