Now I see the light

{In the morning. Also I would include the kingdom dance as the top video, but y'all already know by the title what I'm gonna do instead.}

Max stands, peering over Anthony. Sweat drips down Max's nose and onto Anthony's face. "Hm? What?-" Anthony says groggily, opening his eyes for a brief minute, looking at Max. "Well I hope you're here to apologize." Anthony smiles to himself, going back to sleep. Max grabs Anthony's boot and drags him across the forest floor.
"AAAAHHHH! NO, NO, NO! PUT ME DOWN! STOP ,STOP! LEMME GO!" Anthony yells, waking Alastor and Egg. Alastor goes over to him, grabbing Anthony's arms as the horse fights to take Anthony.
"Give me- him!", Alastor struggled to pull Anthony towards him. "Ow! Ow! AHG!" Anthony yelped as the boot came off and he flew forward. Anthony landed against a tree stump. When the horse realized it only had a boot, it immediately tried to go back to Anthony. Alastor stopped him, trying to protect Anthony. "Woah, hey! Stop! Stop! Easy boy, easy!!" He said to the horse. Max stares at Alastor. Egg uses his hands to tell him to sit. "Now sit." Max whines. "Sit!" Alastor repeated. Max sits. "Now drop the boot. Drop it.." Alastor says to Max. Max hesitantly drops it. "You are such a good boy! Yes ,you are! Are you all tired from chasing a bad man all over the place?"Max nods. "Excuse me?!" Anthony says ,a bit angered and confused."Nobody appreciates you. Do they- do they!" he says cheerfully, starting to pet Max. "Oh come on! He's a bad horse!" Anthony complained
"Oh he's nothing but a bit sweetheart! Isn't that right?" He says , noticing Max's name tag. "Maximus." Alastor adds. "You've got to be kidding me." Anthony complained.
"Look, today is kind of the biggest day of my life.. and I need you not to get him arrested." Alastor says, helping Anthony up.
Max looks at him, angered. "Just for twenty four hours, then you can chase each other until your heart's content, ok?" Alastor says to Max, giving a smile to him.
Anthony stared at the horse and sighed, the offered his hand. The horse looks away from him. "And it's.. also my birthday; Just so you know." Alastor says to Max.
Max and Anthony finally settle on a handshake. Alastor sees something in the distance, heading towards it. While Alastor is distracted, Max uses the opportunity to hit Anthony in the stomach.
"ARHG!" He yelps in pain, falling to the ground. Max laughs.

{They walk to Corona}

Alastor walks to the bridge, waiting for Anthony and Max to catch up with him.
Anthony follows close behind, he grabs one of his wanted posters off the wall and crumbles it up. Max glares at him, so Anthony shoves the paper in his mouth. Max spits the paper out at Anthony's face, Anthony pulls it off, now not having the smug smile as previously and starts trying to punch Max. Max bites his leg. Egg stares at them and squeaks at them, letting them know that he's keeping an eye on them. The two sigh, and leave each other alone for the most part. Anthony shoves Max with his elbow, Max does the same thing in return.
They follow Alastor into the kingdom. Alastor looks around, admiring all the festival decorations and such. A flock of geese walk by, scaring Alastor into bumping into someone "Oh! Sorry, sorry!" he says. Anthony follows behind him picking up his hair. Anthony looks around , deciding something to do when he notices three children braiding each other's hair. He whistles at them , trying to get their attention. They look at him and see Alastor's hair. They all gasp in shock, but then smile and laugh going to braid his hair. Anthony waits by one of the walls, he notices two guards and ducks down to his e quickly. He looks over at Alastor's now braided hair ,he starts to smile and blush a bit. Max looks at him with a smug expression (⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)
Anthony looks at Max, still smiling and shoved him. Alastor grabbed Anthony's hand and pulled him to the shops. Anthony looked around with him and eventually they stood in line for something when Alastor noticed a mural on the wall. The mural showed Queen Edith, her husband, and a baby boy with Auburn hair and brown eyes and tanish skin. A girl set a flower at the bottom of the mural. "It's for the lost prince." She added. A group of musicians started to walk by, Alastor followed them curiously. Anthony turned around to see him dancing with some of the people that were standing off to the side. Anthony watched him with a smile on his face, then Alastor came over and motioned for him to join them. Anthony shook his head but Max shoved him into it anyways, Anthony scowled at Max while Max just smiled. Anthony made his way around and baught a small cloth with the sun festival's logo on it, he handed it to Alastor who was standing beside him. Alastor looked at it then looked back at the decorations before getting pulled back into the dance they had started. They did a lot together that day, Alastor sketched the sun festival logo with chalk on the sidewalk with some added purple flowers, Alastor and Anthony stole a few cupcakes to eat, they visited the library at some point, but the dance was probably one of the best parts. At some point during the dance Alastor and Anthony finally ended up at each other's side. They both just stared at each other for a second both with smiles on their faces while the crowd cheers. "To the boats!" someone yells, distracting Anthony and Alastor. They quickly let go of each other and Anthony takes Alastor to one of the boats. Anthony looks at Max who is alone on the dock looking melancholy. Anthony throws him a bag of apples "Hey Max!" He shouts at the bag hits the dock. Max scoffs. "What? I baught them!" Anthony says to him, smiling as he rows the boat. Max starts to eat them.
"Most of them." Anthony adds. "Where are we going?" Alastor says to Anthony.
"Well, best day of her life ,might as well have the best seat." He says to Alastor. They finally get to a good enough veiw. "Hey. You okay?" Anthony asked Alastor. "..I'm terrified." he responds. "Why?" Anthony asked him. "I've been looking out the window for eighteen years, dreaming about what it would be like when those lanterns rise.. what if it's not everything I dreamed itbwoukd be?.." Alastor replied anxiously. "It will be." Anthony says to him, trying to help. "..And if it is?.." Alastor asked him again. "Well that's the good part about it I guess. You get to find a new dream." Anthony replies. Alastor looks out into the sky waiting for the first lantern. Meanwhile ,the king sheds a tear as this is the eighteenth year without seeing his long lost son, Edith wipes it away as she makes sure all his accessories are symmetrical with his outfit. They walk out onto the balcony and light the first lantern, removing the red ribbon bounding it to the railing and send it off. Anthony is helping take some of the flowers out of Alastor's hair and put them into the water ,when Alastor notices the reflection of the first lantern. He runs over to the other side of the boat and holds on tightly as he watches the lantern, then suddenly followed by large groups of lanterns lit by everyone else in the kingdom.

All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

Alastor looks over at Anthony, seeing him holding two lanterns. Alastor goes back over to him and sits in front of him.
"Um I have something for you too." he pulls out the satchel. Anthony looks at it ,a bit confused. "I should've given it to you before but.. I was just scared and the thing is.. I'm not scared anymore. Know what I mean?" He says to Anthony, holding the satchel for him to take. Anthony looks at it and rejects it ,as if he suddenly didn't care so much about it anymore. "I'm starting to.." He replied to Alastor. Him and Alastor send off the lanterns and watch them go up into the sky that is now cluttered with lanterns ,the lighting, the everything - it was beautiful.

{Anthony's vocals}

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now he's here shining in the starlight
Now he's here suddenly I know

{Alastor notices a lantern getting close to the water so he lifts it with the tips of his fingers and sends it off as well. He stares at the lanterns in awe.}

If he's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

{Joined vocals. Anthony takes Alastor's hand, then starts to hold the other one as well.}

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything is different
Now that I see you

Now that I see you..

Anthony looks at Alastor and they both go in for a kiss ,but then out of the corner of his eye Anthony notices a green lantern in the distance. It's Harry and Thomas, they disappeared into the darkness before Alastor could see them. "Hey is.. everything okay?.." Alastor asked Anthony, turning to see what he was looking at.
"Huh?- Oh! Yeah, um. Everything is fine! I just.. have to take care of something." He says to Alastor. He takes them over to that island and grabbed the satchel.
"I'll be back, ok?" He says to Alastor now standing on the dry land. "Okay.." Alastor replies.