The great tree

⚠️TW⚠️ psychedelic behavior
{third person POV}:

Alastor and Vaggie raced their horses along a trail like old times. They eventually had to slow down at a wide gap that was covered in sharp stones. Alastor still made it though. They started back for the caravan.
They found the Great Tree, a fast way through the mountains (according to Nifty). Vaggie ,not wanting to admit loss, raced Alastor through it.
They began to ready the caravan the next morning. Unfortunately someone had it out for them, an unfamiliar face in a rhino. The group split up to try and get away. He went after Vaggie. Nifty went to aid them, as mysteriously as she usually was. She got the man back on his rhino so he'd stray slightly. Nifty had them head off a cliff to escape him, even if it was crazy, they survived.
Cherri tried to make conversation with Cherri but it didn't work. "Who the hell was that guy?" Vaggie questioned. "He's a member of the Brotherhood. You've met one before actually, Arackniss' stepfather" She explained, "but none of them are as bad, dangerous, or sadistic as Valentino, the Great Tree is his territory. Only reason I know this though is because I don't agree with all of the Brotherhood" She shrugged. "Well. I suppose we can trust you" Alastor decided. "Fine, but let's keep moving so Valentino doesn't catch us" Vaggie sighed. Something about Valentino gave Anthony the chills. "Ya know, this place used to belong to an evil sorcerer" Nifty smiled. "The one that nearly destroyed my entire kingdom with a snowstorm?" Alastor twitched. "Why didn't you say that before you dragged us here?!" Vaggie grumbled. "It's fine now. The tree is all dead because of magic stuff" Nifty smiled. "Let's take the way up if we're getting out of here" Alastor moved along with Anthony. Nifty and Vaggie argued a little, and Valentino ransacked their caravan that had landed in a river below the cliff.
"Oh, Cherri, I just need to be honest here, I don't think you're Nifty's type" Anthony sighed. "Anthony, just because I like women doesn't mean I'm dating the first one I see" Cherri laughed a bit. They were getting distracted and started from the group by mistake. Alastor found markings of the scroll on a wall. It had the same words as his healing incantation. Anthony and Cherri got a little high off some strange flowers on their way through the tree, it was slightly psychedelic. They started to see many strange colors and such. They sang about being best friends, Anthony frantically apologized for calling Cherri dishonest. Meanwhile, a plant tried to eat them.
Alastor read the scrolls
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine..

But the moonstone had its own incantation.

Witter and decay, end this destiny, break these earthly chains, and set these spirits free

The flowers around them began to die, and everyone around him began to feel weak.
The magic had done something to him, his hair ,his eyes even. His hair turned a reddish black, same to his eyes.
Vaggie grew concerned.

Cherri started to realize Anthony and her were in danger. Anthony laughed "spot on, well at least we're together, buddy" Anthony smiled. Max and Egg saved them.

Vaggie lost her strength to help Alastor, and Nifty pushed him into the stream to get him to stop reciting the spell. Vaggie ran to Alastor's aid after the spell breaking. The giant flower fell through the ceiling. Anthony, Cherri, Egg, and Max joined them. Alastor's hair and eyes returned to normal. They journey through the tree. "We need to get out of here as soon as possible" Vaggie complained. "That's not really your call" Nifty smiled. "We need to rest" Alastor chimed in. "We only survived because I saved Alastor" Nifty smiled. Alastor and Vaggie began to fight. Vaggie agreed, but reluctantly. Vaggie worried Alastor was becoming more stern with his power as the Prince. She worried he had changed. Alastor felt upset, but not for the fight, for how uneasy Vaggie seemed. Alastor tried to talk to her. "Why don't you trust my judgement anymore?" Vaggie asked. "I'm about to be a king, Vaggetha, I don't need your protection like I did when I first exited the tower" Alastor explained. This didn't really make Vaggie feel better. Vaggie was sick of being treated as servant, second place.

★★★

Valentino quickly found Vaggie. Nifty offered to protect her, that's when Alastor heard it. Nifty and Valentino fought. "You're waisting your life on this little endeavor" He laughs. "You're waisting your life going after the moonstone, something no one is even looking for!" She yelled. "Whatever, I'm going for the sundrop" he ran for Alastor. Vaggie wouldn't let him. They began to fight. Vaggie got covered in dirt and a little cut up but she pushed Valentino off a cliff. His words ring in her head

"What are you waiting for? Lady in waiting"

It didn't take long for one of the tree's plants to consume and become one with Valentino. Alastor and Anthony could hear the rumbling. Valentino returned for vengeance. Cherri and Anthony diced the green plant's roots. Nifty wanted the core: Valentino. It didn't take long for the roots to grab all Alastor held dear. The enchanted spear was close to them but Vaggie couldn't reach. Alastor had to kill the plant with the moon incantation.
Anthony grew weak. Cherri, Vaggie, and Nifty are the only ones who could still move. Alastor had mostly killed the plant. "Vaggie is right, the dark kingdom is your doom. You should've just used the enchanted spear" Valentino laughs as he falls to his doom. Nifty grabbed the spear "Stay on your path sir" she went after Valentino. Vaggie got hurt. The incantation injured her more than the others. Alastor was able to get them to safety though, even if Nifty had to leave them. Alastor thought of Nifty 's words. "This path was been laid out for me. There is no turning back, so we are going to the dark kingdom" His hair shimmered red for a moment. Anthony put his arm around Alastor. "Then I'm with you, Smiles" He kissed him on the cheek.

A/N:

Sorry this chapter is rushedddd it prolly sucks :(