Ready as I'll ever be

{3rd person POV (ish)}:

"He must be hiding in the village of Old Corona we shall launch a full scale attack" The king states. The guards began to speak up "Sir we're really hurt, I mean we'll be okay but we won't be able to launch a full scale ANYTHING for a while" the bruised and beaten guards admit. "Father you cannot beat Arackniss with fist and swords. All he does is watch us fall right into his hands. You know he'd never mena to capture me. He sent the automaton to make you THINK that was his scheme. The raccoon beast was only a distraction to pull security away from his real target. Mother. Whatever you think you can use on him he'll just be waiting" Alastor tried to explain. The king struggled to fight his emotions away but his emotion and reason were sworn enemies, his emotions won. "We attack within the hour" the king headed back in the castle. Anthony put his hand on Alastor's shoulder, eventually pulling him into a hug.

★★★

The queen struggled but her hands were bound with rope. "Don't bother, your majesty, you're merely bait. The prince will help me, I'll make him. That's what you're here for. Only the magic of his unbreakable hair will shatter the amber that's encased my father. I tried asking for help in a civil war but I was denied by everyone in Corona; so unfortunately, this is my only remaining recourse" Arackniss unveils his Amber-Incased father. "and after you free him?" Edith asked. The boy chuckled "After? Oh well I'm afraid that oh-so-pressious kingdom will pay for turning it's back on me; and THAT'S why you should start worrying, your Majesty" He explained sinisterly.

★★★

"And now I've failed you too Edith" the king mumbled to himself. "Father?" Alastor said from the background. The king quickly rubs his eye. "Alastor I thought I made it clear that—" he was then hugged. Alastor struggled when it came to hugging Frederick because of the trauma he had with Michael but he needed Frederick. After everything that happened they deserve to finally find common ground over everything Arackniss had done. Frederick thanked Alastor and hugged him. "Mother will be okay, dad. I know she will" Alastor tried to comfort. "We'll get her back" Alastor added. Frederick then moved away "it's all my fault" He began. "Father, it's just Arackniss, and the rocks—"
"No Alastor. I have been keeping something from you. The night you were born your mother fell ill.  In order to save you both I sought out the Sundrop Flower, but what ive never told anyone was that there was more to the story. Earlier that night, Mr. Ragno had warned us that taking the Sundrop would reap unimaginable consequences, that by removing the light I'd be awakening a darkness; but I had no choice. I knew about the black rocks all along. At first I didn't want to believe it was a result of my actions. I chose to ignore them, I expected everyone else to do the same" his voice got weaker. "Including me" Alastor still felt slightly hurt. "Yes, yes, especially you, but you.. you're connected to them some how and I am responsible. No king would ever put the welfare of his family before his country" The king explained. Alastor began to smile, catching the king off guard; "but a father would" they hugged and looked out from the balcony at the chaos. "Now. Let's find a way to save our kingdom" The kingdom's streets were infected with the sharp black rocks.

★★★

Vaggie had the people in the castle which was assumed the strongest structure for them (obviously). The people were anxious and restless. "The rocks are getting closer", we're all doomed!"
The king tried to get their attention. Max was the one to actually get it. The king explained the anxiety of the situation, the injured guards, the rocks growing closer, ECT. "As your king, your friend, and your brother, I ask you to fight one more time! For Corona!"
Soon the room cheered. Alastor, Anthony, and the king began discussing how to get the queen back. "We'll use the city's underground tunnels, I'll sneak in, you cause a distraction, and I'll save the Queen" Alastor explained.
While the kingdom schemed Arackniss was only scheming harder, preparing, waiting.