A better prince // wind in my hair reprise

Alastor showed up to breakfast in one of Anthony's hoodies, they ended up using bobby pins, hair clips and then for the rest of it they just tied it around him somehow when also covering it. The hood covered the pins and clips well and you could only really see Alastor's bangs from the front now.

"Oh; Alastor, dear, are you ready for the big day?" Edith asked him, while the king just stared at the hoodie, slightly annoyed at how baggy it was and why Alastor was wearing a hoodie when it was around 60-70° out.
"Oh, you bet, feeling really in the prince spirit-" Alastor tells her, noticing his dad staring at the hoodie
"A strange fashion just makes me a better prince, hah." He adds on, hoping to reassure his father, to which he finally moves on from the hoodie.
"So dad, mom says you wanted to talk?" Alastor ask.
"Yes. Alastor ,last night your mother and I had a discussion. I know that I'm not always able to separate the man from the king, separating the father from the king has proven even more difficult.. um.. son, I know this new life is hard, I'm also sure that you want me to get out of your hair-"
Alastor fakes a cough, trying to avoid thinking about his hair
"Oh I'm sorry, my throat must be hoarse, anyone else feel the same?-" Alastor is cut of by the king continuing.
"Alastor, you're going to be king some day. A great king, with a magnificent kingdom, but you know better than anyone else what a dangerous and evil place the world can be..and the barrier keeping us safe from that is sometimes more fragile than it appears. When that evil rears its ugly head ,it's my job to protect everyone. And one day, that will be your responsibility. So I must teach you how to carry it. That is many ,many years away but until that burden is opposed on you, I'm asking that you trust me; that I know how to keep danger away from you and this kingdom as humanly possible. Understand? It wasn't until last night I knew that my methods may have seemed strict or unfair or-" Alastor cuts him off
"Does this mean I can have time to myself without having half the royal guard over my shoulder?" He asked.
"Well, this means I'm willing to reconsider those methods; but I make no promises."
Alastor considers for a second. "I can work with that." He hugs the king ,but a strand of his hair comes out from the pins, brushing the side of the king's face, Alastor quickly pulls away and hides it. "Well, I should go, I've got a lot of prince things to do." He leaves.

{With Anthony and Vaggetha}

Anthony walks into a room, watching Vaggie sew the sides of a suit for Alastor.
"How are ya?" He says to her. No reply.
Anthony walks by, pretending to not care whole humming “We'll Meet Again” by Vera Lynn. Vaggie still doesn't react.
Anthony turns and looks at her
"Oh come on! What is going on with Alastor, I mean- is it something I did?!"
Vaggie finally responds to him
"Probably." She continued working on the suit.
"And since when does he start keeping secrets from me?" He says anxiously.
"Hey, Ragno, I need to get this done before coronation so do you mind throwing your pity party some place else?" Vaggie asked him.
Anthony rolls his eyes. "VaggEtHA; I know you don't like me for Alastor." He says to her.
She sighs, sounding offended "Oh ,that's not true. I don't like you for anyone." She smiles, stopped her work for a bit.
"I just want what's best for him.." Anthony replied.
"You don't say!" Vaggie replies, annoyed.
"Of course! I want him to feel safe ,I want him to feel taken care of and I want him to be happy here." He says to Vaggie.
Vaggie walks over to the door.
"Funny. You seem to have a pretty good handle on the things you want." She says, walking out and closing the door. Anthony sits down, thinking about what she said for a second, then looks at Egg who didn't disagree with her.
"Oh don't you start." He says to Egg.

{With Alastor}

Alastor sits in his room, making sure all the pins are holding well, Edith comes in and he quickly throws up his hood.
"Oh, hey mom." He says to her.
"Hey hun, you left so quickly after breakfast I didn't have the chance to give you this." She was carrying something in a box. She walked over to Alastor's bed, sitting by him.
"I know it's a little early for a coronation gift but ,I thought you might like to see it now." Alastor opened the box and pulled out a book with a leather cover, reading it.
It appeared to be a diary with dates of all sorts of cool things ,such as being in a storm, helping people rebuild their war-torn homes, being stuck in a cave, all kinds of adventures.
"Mother ,is this yours, did you actually do all of this?" He asked her.
"Alastor, before I met your father I was so much like you. I had no idea what I was supposed to do in this world, so I went out and found my own way." She pulled out the other book and gave it to him. It was the same kind of diary but it was just for him.
"Your father is right about one thing, you will be king some day,but only you decide what kind of king you'll be; and no one can tell you the best way to make that decision." She tells Alastor, smiling.
"How can I if.. wait ,are you suggesting that I should -" Edith cuts him off.
"Honey, find a way to fill those pages. I only ask that you be safe ,be smart,and above all: be true to yourself."
Alastor looks at the inside cover.
"Plus est en vous?" Alastor reads it, not understanding.
Edith corrects his pronunciation.
"It means there's more is in you." Edith replies. Alastor hugs her and she hugs him back.