Let me make you proud

Tw: ⚠️trauma reaction, implied abuse⚠️

{Arackniss POV}:

Okay so the rocks are spreading faster and slowly ruining the homes of mg village BUT I'm close to discovering their weakness! My dad seems really worried. He's telling people that he's gonna deal with it. "Can I come with? I've been studying and I'm making a chemical compound that can-" dad cut me off. "I thought I told you to stay away from these rocks" he scolds me. "Yeah, yeah, I know. But I'm so close to the solution, please just let me go with you!" I begged. He rolled his eyes "fine". The plan is to go talk to the king about it. "Great! Fantastic, I'll, I'll make ham sandwiches!" I ran off, hearing him sigh behind me.

Anyway we go to the castle and wait in line to see the king. "Dad, what's our strategy? I mean I tried to get a sample of the rocks for the king but they don't cut-"
"'Niss. Wait here while I speak to the king" he firmly grasped my shoulder. It hurts a little. "Dad I think I should go in there to help explain the scientific quality-" he interrupted me again."Arackniss, children have no place in court" he started to walk off. His words stung. "But I'm not- not a child" he completely blew me off. I decided to go find a better place to eaves drop. I heard him lie to the king about over harvest in our village and needing more land. This concerned and upset me. Even the prince seemed confused. Once Dad left that meeting I went to have a word with him "you lied to them?! Our town is being destroyed!" I shrieked. "Our town will pull through. Trust that I can handle this" he grumbled. "How can I trust you when you just lied to the kings face and our people?" I questioned. I knew I was overstepping my bounds though. "That's ENOUGH Arackniss" he yelled. I jumped and guarded my face, expecting to get hit. Instead he just scoffed at me and made me feel ashamed. "Yes sir" I finally spoke. Alastor came to see me after. My dad just walked home without me. "Arackniss is everything alright?" He asked. "No, no it's not!" I shook a bit. "But your father just said—"
"My father fucking lied. Things are getting so much fucking worse and the village is in trouble and If I can't figure out how to save it.. there won't be anything to save" my hands shook furiously. "Arackniss, I promise we'll find out what they are and I won't let that happen" Alastor hugged me.
His words reassured me only a little but at least I can count on him. He is the magical prince after all. She's gonna be Queen for A Day while the actual king and queen go out on vacation so at least I can count on Alastor being able to trust and believe in me.
When I went home my dad lied to everyone there too saying we had the kings blessing and everything would be okay but these fucking rocks are stabbing into my alchemy tower and it's anything BUT okay. I can't run away from this problem. What's the connection with Alastor though? They're gonna destroy the castle if they keep spreading. I have to trust the power of alchemy to help me stop this and fast. My dad can hear my experiments failing from downstairs but I lied to him just like how he lied to me and told him it was just one of my books, a BIG book. The unfinished antidote just ended up in a pink flame. I can do this. The fate of the village is on me. No pressure, Arackniss. While I work this out I can't even talk to Alastor because he's busy with being King for a day and taking interviews. It's starting to snow outside too and it's probably gonna put my work in a frustrating position if I get snowed in at all.
I got a reaction at least! I can't give up! Oh shit my dad. "Arackniss I told you to stay way from those damn rocks!" He yelled. "You know what dad? No! Our village has its life at stake and I can't just RUN away! This is a problem and I'm going to find the solution!" I argued. "I know Arackniss but there's more to them then your stupid brain could possibly imagine!" He yelled again. "They why won't you just fucking tell me? I deserve to know"
"You're just not ready to know" he finally answered. My last compound was about to blow up. "Arackniss, get out of here!" He yelled. He pushed me but the compound trapped him. "Dad! I'll, I'll go get help!" I grabbed the lantern from the table. "No Arackniss, don't!" He yelled again. I ran out. I need to get to the castle as soon as possible. The wind was picking up and so was the snow.
I made my way to the castle.
"PRINCE ALASTOR MY DAD'S IN DANGER! YOU HSVE TO COME WITH ME, NOW!" I charged in. "We're sorry your highness he slipped right past us" the guards conceited. "The rocks, they're encasing my dad and we need to save him, and I know you have connection to the rocks" I started heading to my village "Arackniss wait, we're in a state of emergency. I can't help you right now" He fidgeted with his fingers
"But my dad doesn't have much time, please, Alastor! You promised you'd help me! My dad needs help! You promised, you promised!" The guards dragged me away and the Duke told him he wasn't allowed to leave.
My dad's gonna fucking die. Alastor just.. stood there and let them take me. I mean he told them not to hurt me but I am hurt. I trusted him, he was supposed to save my dad.
I ran back home. "Dad the prince refused to help but- dad?" It's too late , he's fully incased.. "dad, no, no!" I could feel my eyes fill with tears. "No, please.. you're gone.. no" I never even got to prove myself to him. I could've saved him. I sat broken Infront of my amber incased dad as my emotions spilled. "I promise dad.. I'll save you, and I'll make whoever stands in my way pay. They will pay"