Ch 63

“The country was flipped upside down.”

“The Saintess almost got into serious trouble as well.”

The situation at the Imperial Palace was left unanswered, but others believed the Queen had declared rebellion.

“Oh my gosh. How dare they plot a rebellion.”

Count Michael suffered a great deal, and the Queen’s family was destroyed. Except for the Queen’s second cousin, whom Kyle hired to assist with this mission.

“Only the baby was pitiful for dying with her in her stomach. Really.”

Daisy sighed slightly.

The Queen’s body was immediately incinerated, and no one knew the truth. It was also claimed that the child in her womb was a lie.

It was a decision made by the imperial family, who feared that if the fact became public, the country would be overthrown once more.

“I heard that His Majesty was bedridden because of it, so it’s not okay.”

The Queen’s faction was uprooted, as were the priests who had internal communication with them. Most of the priests sent to the Imperial Palace were all treated as per strict divine law.

The new priests’ results indicated that the Emperor had been poisoned for quite some time.

In addition to Cronia, the Queen used many other dark drugs to manipulate the Emperor.

Following the Queen’s death, the Emperor lay in bed after learning everything that had happened.

I tried using divine powers to heal the Emperor, but it turned out that divine powers could not cure heart sickness. No matter how much divine energy I poured into his frail body, he didn’t have the will to properly absorb it.

“Have you not gotten a message from the High Priest yet?”

Daisy nodded sullenly at what I said.

It’s been a fortnight since that incident.

The day after returning to the temple, Reyhas received a letter and hurriedly left for somewhere.

With only Dwayne accompanying him, he said he had something to investigate.

“High-ranking priests are demanding an explanation for this situation… I’m really mad. The person who is having the most difficulty right now is the Saintess. They should give you some space to unwind.”

Daisy continued to talk,

“The High Priest is really… It’s a shame he’s away for 10 days at a time like this.”

“Let’s go outside and get some fresh air.”

I walked with Daisy down the hall, hoping that everything would work out.

Priests and priestesses passing by stopped and bowed their heads when they saw me.

In the distant garden, the White Rotunias swayed.

I kept walking and came out of the temple. And it was when I took a few more steps to see the Rotunias.

I heard a familiar voice,

“Ariel.”

I slowly turned my head.

In the light breeze, red hair fluttered. The color of his eyes under the sun looked a little darker than usual.

Yet, his hard shoulders, tall stature, and the longsword scabbard hanging from his waist still created the same sense of intimidation.

I noticed a man behind him, but I turned and bowed slightly to Kyle.