Thirteen

Wasn't My Intention.

She couldn't sleep despite desperately trying to. The person lying beside her was a murderer. Yes, he couldn't kill a family with a baby, but he still killed others. That was what kept her awake all night, the people he had killed.

They might have been muggles he deemed nobodies, that others wouldn't miss. But they were still innocent, unaware of the magical world or the war wizards were facing. She stood from her bed quietly walking through the hall, she needed something to clear her mind.

She crept to her room, opening the door as quietly as her feet would allow her, Theo laid there asleep, 'how could he sleep knowing what he'd done?' she reached her window—carefully climbing onto the rooftop.

It seemed like forever since she laid under the starlight, the silence of night soothed her ears, but nothing could be heard. She smiled as some of the stars were positioned in a way that made them look like animals, one of them reminded her of a dog, and the other of a wolf howling.

That was when she missed Sirius and Remus when little signs pointed to them. She had no idea when they would be back, only that they could show up unannounced. The last thing she needed was for them to find Theo in her bedroom.

As the sun rose she carefully slid down the roof, dropping onto the balcony below her, she peeked through her curtain. He wasn't in bed anymore, she attempted to sneak out only to stop when she heard his voice.

"You're up early aren't you?"

"I couldn't sleep much," he sighed,

"Because of me right?"

"No, you think you know someone," she said quickly to change the subject, "I thought Michael was a nice guy, I guess I was wrong,"

"I couldn't imagine the feeling of someone you trust betraying you in that way," she nodded looking down at her hand fiddling with her mother's ring. He noticed her quietness, there wasn't any snark in her voice, her confidence had gone and then she spoke.

"Are things going to be awkward between us?"

"Why do you feel awkward," he walked closer to her, grazing his fingertips down her arm "that wasn't my intention," she looked down biting her lip.

"What was your intention?" she whispered, he lifted her chin looking his eyes with hers she smirked glancing at his lips,

"I intended to keep you safe, from Michael," her smirk fell, she looked down again.

"Was that all?"

"Why?" he smirked trailing his hand down her back, with a firm grip on her bum, "Was there something you wanted from me?" she a small smile curled on her lips.

"There might be something-"

Dina's barking pulled her attention away, the bark was deep and territorial, someone was approaching the house. As Mollie hurried over to the window, she sighed, quickly hurrying Theo into her bathroom demanding that he stay there.

"McKinnon, why are you-

"It's Mad-eye do you want someone from the Order to find you?"

"Obviously not,"

"Then stay here, and shut up," she said, closing the door behind her.

She quickly adjusted her clothes, fixing her hair a little. Fearing that she smelt like him, she grabbed her perfume, lightly spraying it in the air, as she shimmied her body through scented air. She opened the door, as Moody, entered her home.

"Is everything alright?" she asked, she realised Sirius and Remus weren't with him. "Sirius, Remus are they-

"Fine, that's not why I'm here," he made his way to the kitchen sitting down, she noticed his leg was bleeding, she hurried to the draws though he beat her to the bandages, he wrapped his wound by himself.

"What are you here for?"

"Have there been any Death Eater sightings around the neighbourhood?"

"No not that I'm aware of, why what's going on?" she asked

"Lupin received word that a few Death Eaters have gone rogue, he insisted I warned you, he believes they might come here,"

"Why would they come here?" he eyed her cautiously,

"Lupin seems to think you might know something," she shook her head,

"I only know what they tell me," she couldn't believe her own words, just a few weeks ago she would have handed Theo over to Moody, now she protecting him.

"Very well, I might need you for something,"

"What?"

"I need someone to go to Diagon Alley pick up a few things,"

"Why me?" she questioned, why he'd ask her.

"You're less likely to be stopped," she nodded, "I'll send you a letter with everything I need,"

"Where are you going?" she asked

"I need to get back to Sirius, he's in a bad way,"

"What happened?"

"Lestrange just missed him, he's lucky if it had been just an inch, to the left-

"Okay! I'm glad he's fine, write me down what you need and I'll get it,"

As she went to let Dina out, she wouldn't stop barking at Mad-Eye. She had met Moody before there was no need for her to react this way. She sighed, taking the dog into another room while she waited for him to finish writing down his list, she smiled at him as he handed her the note.

"It's dangerous, keep your doors locked," she sighed, rolling her eyes, knowing Sirius most likely told him to warn her.

"Alright, I'll be fine, Moody," She watched him apparate away before returning upstairs to Theo.

"I heard everything he said," Theo said, she remained silent, "if death eaters have been spotted-

"They haven't Remus probably just got worried about me being alone,"

"If they are sighted, I'll have to run and you'll have to come with me,"

"What?"

"They'll know you've been harbouring me, and won't hesitate to torture you for information," she looked away from him, he turned her to face him he lifted her chin, placing a firm kiss on her lips. "I'll take you with me, even if you don't want to go,"