Twenty

Where's Mollie?

He was successful in convincing her to leave with him, though he feared they may have stayed longer than they needed. Mollie had been back to the cafe twice, the first time to make absolutely sure that he didn't know her. The second to asked about his hands, she wished she hadn't, he told her that he burnt them on a stove, knowing all too well that he lied to her.

"We should have left days ago," Theo spoke, holding their bag, "we can't stay any longer," she sighed walking into the kitchen where Kreacher cleaned up, she cleared her throat.

"Kreacher, I'm leaving, and I order you to take care of Dina," the elf turned around, his eyes widening at the sight of the Death Eater beside her.

"Kreacher must warn master Sirius-

"No, I forbid you to," Kreacher looked down, confused by his own actions, "Sirius, and Remus can never know, am I clear?"

"Yes, Miss Mollie,"

"You'll take care of her won't you," Kreacher turned the animal who stood tall, half his size, and certainly bigger than him if she jumped up.

"Yes, Kreacher will care for the dog,"

"Good, let's go," Theo held her hand, she pulled back with tears in her eyes,

"I love you, Dina, I don't want you to get hurt, so you can't come with us," she sobbed as the dog sat in front of her seemingly knowing that she wasn't going with them, the dog whined at her "Don't make this harder," she dropped to her knees, wrapping her arms around the dog's neck, Dina nuzzled her snout into her neck.

"Mollie-

"Go on, go upstairs," she said, as joyful as she could. As the dog ran upstairs, they left, she didn't want to trick Dina, but not having to look at her as they left somehow made it easier to leave.

Theo held her hand apparating them to what appeared to be the middle of nowhere, she let go of his hand. Trying to register everything that had led to this moment, running away. Running with a death eater, with a target on his back, she walked to an old fallen down tree, sitting on the tree trunk.

He waited, letting her have a moment to herself, he couldn't expect her to run away with him. He knew he'd need her to come one way or another, he knew the people after him, and he couldn't let her fall victim to their hands.

***

Remus walked around the hideout restlessly pacing through the room, he shook Sirius awake throwing him his clothes. Believing that they had been called to the order again, Sirius quickly got dressed, only when Remus didn't tell him why they had been called, did he realise they weren't called.

"Moony, why are we rushing?"

"Call it a weird feeling, but I think we need to go back home,"

"Mollie will be fine, she has Dina and Kreacher, not that he's much help,"

"Not that, before we left, I might have smelt something, but there was nothing there,"

"Sure it wasn't you,"

"No it wasn't me, I can't stay any longer, I know we have a job to do, but I made a promise to Marlene and Dorcas, to keep her safe and I will keep that,"

"Alright, let's at least call home first," Sirius suggest reaching over to the phone beside the bed, he dialled the number, waiting as it rang. He creased his brows as there was no answer he tried again in case she was doing something but still no answer

"That's strange, she doesn't walk the dog at this time,"

Remus was the first one to leave with Sirius close behind him the pair apparated to Grimmauld place. They spotted Michael as they approached him, to question if he had seen Mollie, he stared blankly at them, having no clue who they were, or who Mollie was. Remus hurried to the door, as he opened the door, Dina shot out into the street frantically running around.

"DINA!" he shouted, "Go get her,"

Sirius morphed into a dog, running after the dog, only losing her when a few kids on bikes got in his way. Remus called for Mollie with no answer, that same smell was all over Grimmauld Place, in Mollie's bed, shower, in the kitchen, everywhere.

"I lost Dina," Sirius said, out of breath as he returned

"Mollie's gone, and someone's been here, I can smell blood, it's old, but the smell still lingers,"

"Kreacher, where's Mollie?" Sirius asked

"Kreacher can not say,"

"What, you can't say?" Sirius questioned, he turned to Remus as he sighed "What is it?"

"I told her, you're her biological father, she's forbidden him from saying anything,"

"Why would you do that?" Sirius' tone turned cold, it was his responsibility to tell her not Remus'.

"She asked about her father, Sirius, you can't keep her in the dark about it,"

"If she didn't know she'd still be here or at least we'd know where she's gone, I'll call Moody, see if he's got any way of tracking her,"

"Master," Kreacher spoke, "Alastor Moody came to Grimmauld Place, upon your request-

"We never sent Moody, he's never been here,"

"He came and asked Miss Mollie to go to Diagon Alley-" Sirius hushed him, trying to think for a moment.

"He would never send Moody, Mollie should know that," Remus said,

"Do think that's why she ran?"

"What makes you think she ran away," Remus questioned

"She warned Kreacher not to say a word, she had every intention of leaving, why I'm not sure, maybe if we look around we'll find something,"